Author Topic: Dr Daniel Lee MEEI  (Read 4437 times)

New girl

Dr Daniel Lee MEEI
« on: July 24, 2011, 01:24:09 pm »
Has anyone had any experiences with Dr Lee at MEEI?  I was supposed to meet with McKeena but now I am meeting with Dr Lee instead.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks!
9mmx14mmx9mm
Diagnosed 6/1/2011
Retrosigmoid Surgery 9/27/2011
Daniel Lee (MEEI) & Fred Barker (MGH) - Exceptional Surgeons

DHJ

Re: Dr Daniel Lee MEEI
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 06:32:44 pm »
My Surgery with Mckenna/Baker on 8/5 just got cancelled due to some sort of medical issue with Dr. Mckenna. Helen at Dr. Mckennas office recommended DR. Lee but I only know that he works in the same office. This was very difficult for me as I had just cleared pre=surgery screening at MGH  todayand was ready to go get surgery over with. I have been seeing Dr. Mckenna for the last 4 years and loved him. Hopefully we will find out more about Dr. Lee from yourpost. I may schedule a visit to meet him. Let us know how you make out, Peace Dave
3yr wait and watch on left sided 2.9cm AN is over surgery 11/4/2011 Mckenna/Barker at MGH one year MRI 11/12/2012 all clear

New girl

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 03:58:25 pm »
Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear your surgery has been cancelled.  This process feels like riding a rollarcoaster at times.  I was supposed to meet McKenna last Monday.   I had an early appt so I got all the way there and they told me he had called in sick.  Dr. Quesnel was nice enough to meet with me since I had driven all the way there.  On Friday Helen told me McKenna was going to be out for 10 weeks.  Ten weeks feels like a long time so she set up an appt for me with Dr Lee -that was yesterday.  I really liked him.  He has a very good demenor and explained everything very well.  He is younger than McKenna therefore he does not have the same amount of experience but he still has done hundreds of surgeries.  He got/did his MD/internship/residency/fellowship at Johns Hopkins.  I am going to have suboccipital (retrosigmoid) with him and Barker.  Barker has tons of experience so between the two of them I think I am in good hands. I am now waiting for a date so I can schedule the pre-op.   At first I was extremely disappointed since I had heard so many good things about McKenna.  I feel much better now after meeting Barker and Lee.  I hope things are OK for McKenna.  If  I find out any more info Ill let you now.

-d
9mmx14mmx9mm
Diagnosed 6/1/2011
Retrosigmoid Surgery 9/27/2011
Daniel Lee (MEEI) & Fred Barker (MGH) - Exceptional Surgeons

DHJ

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 11:16:36 am »
I am also considering Dr. Lee but have yet to meet him. I know he works with Dr. Barker and comes highly recomended by Dr. Barker. I am confident that you have great surgeons and will have a good outcome.  Best of luck Dave J
3yr wait and watch on left sided 2.9cm AN is over surgery 11/4/2011 Mckenna/Barker at MGH one year MRI 11/12/2012 all clear

RichB57

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 07:55:24 pm »
I had my AN removed by Drs. Barker and Lee on April 20, 2011.  They got the entire tumor out and my complications were minimal.  Unfortunately, one of the outcomes was that I did lose my hearing.  I believe Dr. Lee did most of the tumor removal, and he had told me going in that there was only a 50-50 chance it could be saved, so I was prepared.  The couple days in the hospital were tough, but my recovery was not bad compared to many descriptions I've seen from others here on the forum.  I had some facial paralysis a couple days post op, and Dr. Lee was very prompt about returning my phone calls (one on a Saturday evening).  He even made time to see me between surgeries when I was at MEEI to see Dr. Hadlock in the Facial Nerve Center.  I highly recommend Dr. Lee as one of your surgeons.

Good luck

Rich
Diagnosed 12/1/2010, 12.3 mm x 15.2 mm x 15.2 mm, retrosigmoid removal by Drs. Barker & Lee at MGH on April 20, 2011. Lost blood supply to auditory nerve, so SSD. Facial paralysis.