Author Topic: Suggestion: organize by state  (Read 4550 times)

Anasazi42

• "Per aspera, ad astra"
Suggestion: organize by state
« on: July 24, 2011, 10:53:11 am »
Hi, I'm a newbie and please forgive me if there is a reason this forum is not organized this way, but I was just thinking that the forum "Local AN Support Group Meetings" would be better organized by state. So for instance, I would click "Florida" if I wanted to see what groups were available in Florida, and would drill-down from there to the individual posts. Right now, this heading contains a mish-mash of states so I don't know if there is a Central Florida group somewhere on another page as more people post. Also, a viewer could see at a glance which states don't have support groups. Just a thought. :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:57:57 am by Anasazi42 »
Diag. Dr. Saffran ENT 3-9-11; 45 yrs at time of diag. 3.5+ cm AN rt side; 9 hr retrosigmoid craniectomy 5-12-11 FL Hosp. South, Neurosurgeon Dr. Melvin Field; Gold wt implant
Post-op: facial para. (rt), double vision (cleared up), SSD, tinnitus, balance issues, ataxia, movement disorder

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Suggestion: organize by state
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 12:51:55 pm »
Hi Anasazi42 .....

So glad you are joining us on this forum.  This may not be what you are talking about, but if you go to:  http://www.anausa.org/index.php/support-groups/support-groups-by-state  you will find a listing of all of the support groups by state.  You can also send for support group information from the ANA.

The "local ANA support group meetings" category on the ANA discussion forum, is primarily to alert additional interested people about upcoming support group meetings that have already been scheduled.  These vary from state to state and group to group ..... hence, difficult to organize by state only.  Theoretically all group meeting notices should appear in this category.

Let us know if this is not what you mean.  Thanks.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Anasazi42

• "Per aspera, ad astra"
Re: Suggestion: organize by state
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 01:56:38 pm »
Hi Clarice,

Thank you so much for replying. This forum has helped so much in my recovery, and I know others feel the same. The area you mention is organized as I suggest; however, it's not in the forum area. But, I did forget about the general ANA USA web site. It definitely contains the info I was looking for! Thanks again

Hi Anasazi42 .....

So glad you are joining us on this forum.  This may not be what you are talking about, but if you go to:  http://www.anausa.org/index.php/support-groups/support-groups-by-state  you will find a listing of all of the support groups by state.  You can also send for support group information from the ANA.

The "local ANA support group meetings" category on the ANA discussion forum, is primarily to alert additional interested people about upcoming support group meetings that have already been scheduled.  These vary from state to state and group to group ..... hence, difficult to organize by state only.  Theoretically all group meeting notices should appear in this category.

Let us know if this is not what you mean.  Thanks.

Clarice
Diag. Dr. Saffran ENT 3-9-11; 45 yrs at time of diag. 3.5+ cm AN rt side; 9 hr retrosigmoid craniectomy 5-12-11 FL Hosp. South, Neurosurgeon Dr. Melvin Field; Gold wt implant
Post-op: facial para. (rt), double vision (cleared up), SSD, tinnitus, balance issues, ataxia, movement disorder