Author Topic: Pittsburgh Support Group????  (Read 4501 times)

sarahinPA

Pittsburgh Support Group????
« on: July 19, 2011, 07:56:25 pm »
Hi Everyone!!

I am trying to find the Pittsburgh Support group, I went to this one time at a wonderful womens home in Squirrel Hill. But, now that my AN is back and im going in for surgery, I cant seem to find a support group for this area anymore.

First, the lady who hosted, I hope all is well and she is doing good, she was so very welcoming and sweet.
Second, is there another support group around??
Third, If there isnt a group, would anyone be interested in starting one again with me...my house isnt too big, but I'd be happy to try and find a church, firehall, or library that would allow for a group to meet in the Pittsburgh Area.

Any information would be great! Thank you all!!

Sarah
2.3cm Diagnosed 12/19/08
Gamma Knife @ UPMC Pittsburgh 1/12/09
.2mm Regrowth 6/2011
Translab 7/29/11 @ UPMC
     temporary paralysis of throat-feeding tube 8 days; SSD; facial numbness; blood clot & pnemonia developed; 11 days hospital stay.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Pittsburgh Support Group????
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 07:01:38 am »
According to the ANA listing of support groups by state, there are groups in Philadelphia and Reading only.  See http://www.anausa.org/index.php/support-groups/support-groups-by-state

In the meantime, you are welcome to come to our West Virginia support group meetings.  So far, the meetings have been in Charleston, but we are exploring holding other meetings in perhaps the Flatwoods area, which would only be about 3 to 3 1/2 hours drive for you ..... just a thought.  If you are interested, PM your email to me and I will add you to our list so you can get meeting notices.  Our last one was in April and we will probably have the next one in late September/early October (not scheduled yet).

Check with Melanie in the ANA office about the possibility of starting a Pittsburgh group.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

MShea

Re: Pittsburgh Support Group????
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 09:16:21 am »
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your interest in ANA Local Support Groups.  Unfortunately the Pittsburgh group is inactive at this time.  If you are interested in becoming an ANA Local Support Group Leader in the Pittsburgh area, please contact me at the ANA National Office and I would be happy to provide you with additional information.

Best regards,

Melanie Hutchins
ANA Local Support Group Coordinator