Author Topic: Chelsea  (Read 3760 times)

chelsmom

Chelsea
« on: June 27, 2006, 05:54:24 pm »
Today Chelsea is spending another day in ICU and I have a feeling she'll be there until her second part of the surgery(6/30) and back again after that.  She has had some complications during the recovery.  After surgery they removed her vent and 2 days later, after detecting that she had pnemonia in her right lung,  put it back in.  Then she had the shunt surgery on Friday and on Sunday they removed the vent again. Yesterday her lower left lung collasped.  They did a scope into her lungs and removed a lot of fluid and have been treating her agressivley with antibiotics and respitory therapy.  Today they told us that they want to do a tracheostomy.  Her right vocal cord is paralyzed and swallowing reflex gone.  We understand that these are usually temporary problems so it is safer to do the trach and get her lungs healthy for the upcoming surgery.  She just keeps taking it and wants it all to be over ASAP.  Thanks for the encouraging thoughts and prayers    Chelsmom

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Chelsea
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 09:31:12 am »
chelseasmom,

regardless of what I say.. .just know that I'm sending oodles of huggles to you all... she's a fighter and that's been clearly shown.  I cannot relate to what a mother's torment is when watching a child go through something like this, but I am watching my folks go through this with me... and all I can say is know that I'm thinking of you so very much!

Please hang in there... and please please tell Chelsea I'm cheering her on!

Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 12:32:18 pm »
Chelsea and mom, Just letting you know I am pulling for you too. I can not imagine the fear you are facing as you go through this with your child. I am praying for comfort, peace of mind, and a complete recovery.
Tell Chelsea we are all thinking of her. Much love to you, Sherry
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 08:31:14 pm »
Chelseasmom,

I know tomorrow (Friday), round 2 of the tumor removal is to occur. I know, in light of recent situations, things have been exceptionally rough going but know that I am sending MAJOR huggles and wishes and good vibes/thoughts to Chelsea and to you and your family.  Hoping that all will be well sooner than later and that the last hurdle will be done and onward to wellness.

My continued thoughts, prayers and wishes.
Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 10:30:59 pm »
Been gone on vacation and getting ready for my surgery, but wanted to send a quick note that I'm thinking of her too...Good luck tomorrow!!!!  I'll make sure the girls here keep me updated!!!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!   Kathleen
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 12:32:30 am »
Best wishes to Chelsea and Mom and family.  All our thoughts and prayers are with you and we hope that this will help in some small way to get through the next few days.  Hang in there, Chelsea, we are thinking about you.  I'm thinking you and Chris should become pen-pals or something.  Gosh, maybe kids this age don't even know what a pen-pal is anymore!  Never thought of that until just this minute.   :D
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Raydean

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 04:32:02 am »
Chelsea, chelsmom and family

It's early, 3:30 AM my special quiet time of the day and I wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I know things have been pretty rough for you, so it's my hope that today brings the turn around.  That  from this point on, things will improve. 

Know that I (all of us here) care deeply and are with you in spirit.

Big hugs and love
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

DeniseSmith

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 06:38:07 am »
my best to Chelsea and her family

cookiesecond

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 07:35:09 am »
Chelsea and family,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope to hear good news soon!!!
lynn