Author Topic: Four weeks post-op and still wonky headed  (Read 5460 times)

ChristineH

Re: Four weeks post-op and still wonky headed
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 04:56:56 pm »
The audiologist didn't say what was in the grape juice that worked and I didn't asked either. If it worked I really didn't care. I did look it up and I found this small excerpt:

Concord and muscadine grape juice are loaded with anthrocyanins (The purple antioxidant dye), polyphenols all powerful brain protectors. The purple dye has been shown to have neurogenesis affects helping resprout brain cells involved in cognition, memory and balance. Pure Concord grape juice ranks as a heavy hitting fruit juice when it comes to the heart and brain. http://www.emoclear.com/creatinganalzheimersprev.htm
2.3cm x 1.9cm x 1.6cm, April 7, 2011 Retro Sig at Barrows in Phoenix, AZ. by Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter slight growth to 2.6cm -3.0cm day prior to surgery. SSD and balance isssues. 6 month MRI shows "enhanced area" : ( Will repeat again in 4 months.

RichB57

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 09:33:51 am »
I figured there must be some nutritional reason behind it.  I drank nothing but grape juice for a day and a half, and I have to say I did feel better that second day, but the next day was horrible.  I had picked up a cold (my wife is a nurse and is always bringing these wonderful bugs home with her) so maybe that was part of it.  Coughing makes my head hurt like crazy.  I'll keep drinking the grape juice though.  I do love the stuff.  Thanks for the tip Christine!
Diagnosed 12/1/2010, 12.3 mm x 15.2 mm x 15.2 mm, retrosigmoid removal by Drs. Barker & Lee at MGH on April 20, 2011. Lost blood supply to auditory nerve, so SSD. Facial paralysis.

KBL

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 10:20:30 pm »
Thanks PaulW for the good laugh! ;D
5.6 cm. left side retrosigmoid surgery January 2010.  Dr. Villavicencio, Boulder, CO  Cyberknife April 2010  Left side  facial paresis started September 2010.  Gold weight implant Dec. 2010.  Total hearing loss on left side.  As of today, tumor still appox. 28x18x8 mm