Author Topic: symptoms come and go?  (Read 9658 times)

Milenkas

symptoms come and go?
« on: November 19, 2011, 11:49:28 am »
Does anyone have any insight as to what makes symptoms come and go?  I am trying to figure out what I'm doing different when the symptoms come back very strong and I just can't put a pattern to it.  I went 4 weeks with really bad dizziness and "wonkeyness"...then it cleared up for about 4 days....just a dizzy spell once in awhile, up until yesterday.....now the dizziness and feeling like I'm in a glass box feeling is back.  Has anyone else experienced this and figured out what sets off the dizziness and normalcy?  thanks!  ps. I am in watch and wait status.  Diagnosed Sept 2011  5mm acoustic neuroma.... ??? ???
Diagnosed 8/2011, 5mm a/n.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: symptoms come and go?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 02:54:41 pm »
Hi, Milenkas ~

I'm not a doctor so I cannot offer you a credible 'medical' opinion but my speculation for the variation in your symptoms (very common, by the way) is not associated with anything you do but the fact that although the tumor grows in microscopic amounts, being nestled near cranial nerves that affect balance, etc., as it grows it has an effect on those delicate nerves, causing the dizziness, etc.  This is why 'watch-and-wait' can sometimes be problematic for the patient that is experiencing AN symptoms (dizziness).  I can only offer you my hope that this clears up, soon.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

HeidiC

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 03:56:07 pm »
Milenkas,

I asked my Neurologist this question and his explanation was...when the tumor has a time of growth the symptoms will re-emerge or be worse as it grows and presses more on an area then it did before, when its not growing at the the moment then theythe symptoms settle down for some people.

Prior to my surgery I would have dizzyness/balance issues for usually 10-15 minutes at a time(though sometimes for just a few minutes and sometimes all day) and this would go on for a few weeks...then I'd have weeks or sometimes months with no dizzyness or any other symptoms.

I hope you are doing well,
~Heidi :)
Diagnosed 6-24-11 left side AN 3mm x 3mm
33 years old at time of diagnosis
Mid Fossia surgery 10-06-2011
with Drs Adunka and Ewend at UNC.

JoJovb

• Its one day at a time sometimes one second!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 07:31:19 pm »
Hello Jim
I saw that you were a Dr.
I know you can't treat here.
I am having alot of head pressure.
Not really a headache.
What generally is taken for AN
What is a good daily regimine?
Diagnosed September 2011
AN on Watch and Wait Status
3 X 2 mm

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 03:23:45 pm »
Hello Jim
I saw that you were a Dr.
I know you can't treat here.
I am having alot of head pressure.
Not really a headache.
What generally is taken for AN
What is a good daily regimen?

Hi, Jo Jo ~

I think you mis-read my post.  I am NOT a doctor and cannot offer medical advice beyond suggesting that you consult a trained, licensed physician to find a viable treatment for your current discomfort.  I'll add that I hope you are successful in this endeavor. 

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.