Author Topic: The Pirate Wench is taken out of commission!  (Read 5623 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
The Pirate Wench is taken out of commission!
« on: June 28, 2006, 10:40:05 am »
Well, we need to find someone to temporarily take the helm of the PBW as our fearless pirate wench (that's Capt'n Deb, just in case you didn't know) is officially outta commission per the Royal Navy.

I just spoke to her and her arm is now hurting more than her head (I'll take that as oy, should she focus on her headaches or her arm....oy), so she's dealing with both now.  She's doing ok, sounded a bit grogie still since it's only been 24 hrs. but to be expected... butt...... she's got her happy pills to get her through it. She had to kick Dr. Lurvvvvvvvvvve outta bed last night as he kept "twitching" (gawd, i really do not want to know!) so she's trying to rest comfortably.

Told her I'd harrass her later. As you may know, she won't be able to post for a while so will help keep her updated and you know it's going to be quiet around here without her AAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! :)

Phyl
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 10:47:57 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

matti

Re: The Pirate Wench is taken out of commission!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 12:07:41 pm »
Thanks for the update.   Geez, like she wasn't in enough pain already! Thank goodness for Happy Pills.  So Dr. Luv twitches.....I think we need to hear more about that.

Please tell Deb I am praying for her and sending hugs.

Well I think the good ship PBW is just going to have to continue going in circles.  Dizzy Wenches...OY!  Make sure Papa Pearl restocks the ship with Antivert.

Hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 01:55:00 pm »
Tell Cap't Deb that she better get well FAST, because the wenches will probably get into the rum supplies whilst she is on R&R and Lord knows where this ship will end up!!  We could find ourselves in the Arctic Ocean or up the Amazon, fer crying out loud.

Sue in Vancouver, WA

« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 12:25:41 am by Sue »
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 06:17:29 pm »
RUM?  Did someone say RUM? 

Hey maybe we can get johnny to pilot us around for a while..after all he is capt black and is on our signature choccies.  With the movie coming out next week he should be free to  help us out!

Get better soon Captain!

Raydean

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 07:16:29 pm »
Maybe this will cheer up the Captain.  Found it on netscape

Raydean

Bono and Crew Set Sail Under Jolly Roger
Posted Jun 29th 2006 1:50PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Music

"Pirates of the Caribbean" director Gore Verbinski isn't satisfied with just sharing his vision of pirates, he wants us all to hear their music. Gore Verbinski, Johnny Depp and Hal Willner have joined forces with Anti Records to create "Rogue's Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs & Chanteys," a two-disk CD with more songs about the sea and pirates then you can shake a peg leg at.

Bono, Sting, Nick Cave and a host of other singers lend their talent to the swashbuckling album. Artists recorded their songs- usually in less then a day- with any of the six house bands set up in destinations around the globe. At one point, eight songs were recorded in one day by eight different singers.

Over 600 songs were drudged up by producer Willner who rummaged antique stores, eBay and the Internet, culling together the list. The list was eventually shortened to 60 recorded songs, 43 of which made it onto the album, which is slated for a August 22nd release.

Check out Bono's rendition of "A Dying Sailor to His Shipmates" Truly uplifting stuff.

And Sting's rousing rendition of " Blood Red Rose

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Static

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 08:14:55 pm »
Just what I was thinking, RUM!  Captain Black, Captain Jack, either one will do  ;D ;)  Feel better real soon Deb!
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 08:25:24 pm »
well, spoke to the Pirate wench today. She was rather.. um.. how do you say... um... stinky! since she hasn't been able to bathe the past couple of days... so, her dear dude, Dr. Lurrrrrrrrrrve, gave her a nice shower and now she don't stink! (told her the wind was blowing from the south and I could smell her all the way from NC to Boston! She laughed!). Said she saw the incision and it's approx 4 inches in length, wrapped with wrap and steristrips and lords only knows.  But, she sounded good and a bit more alert than before.  I sent her all your wishes and she sends her love and appreciation back. She said she was going to see about Dr. Lurrrrrrrrve logging onto her emails or there was an issue in him trying to or whatever... she'll find her way back home here in no time.. you KNOW she can stay away long!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 02:11:09 pm »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi, folks!!!  hard to type with only one hand, so no caps!  feelin' a little better, but super gimpy one-eared,one-armed pirate wenches don't stay down fer long!!!!!!!!
got my sailin' socks on thanks to matti-wench--they are the coolest!!!!!!!!!
can't wait to see new pirates o' caribbean documentary--whaddaya mean it's not real?
catch ya later ya hornswagglers...
capt deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

matti

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 06:14:19 pm »
Next time I'll make sure I buy AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGG-YLE socks  :D

Happy to see you back, us wenches are lost without our Capt.

Hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Static

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 07:24:59 pm »
Glad to hear from  ya!  Keep getting better!   :)
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Road Trip Dale

• Dale - 6 days after surgery!
    • Frappr/dale
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 09:07:49 am »
One armed, one eared is acceptable just don't try for Peg-leg.....enough is enough!  Glad you are feeling better.....
1.75 AN Right Side
Translab 4/16/06
Dr. Charles Leutje and Dr. Paul Camarata
St Luke's, Kansas City, MO