Author Topic: Cupping today at the Acupuncture office  (Read 7783 times)

Mei Mei

Cupping today at the Acupuncture office
« on: August 20, 2011, 01:59:53 pm »
Hi Everybody,
I haven't been on much lately because my neck has been out ever since I was left for so long on the table at Georgetown by Michael.

I went for acupuncture today and told the doctor that Georgetown Neurology said I have cervical dysplasia and they are applying for a form of Botox called xeomin.
It should take a few weeks to get the approval.  He warned me of all that could go wrong and was concerned that I coded the last time I had a nerve block.

The acupuncturist who I love decided to get out her glass cups and put about 10 of them all over my neck spasm and shoulders.    Boy did it feel good while those cups were on me.   I will have to get several treatments with this as well as the acupuncture, massage and Laser treatment there.

I used the glass cups in Shanghai on my hip bursitis and it didn't help that much but this treatment today felt so GOOD!

Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Susan A

Re: Cupping today at the Acupuncture office
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 08:10:13 pm »
Mei Mei, I wish I knew of someone around here who did that kind of treatment. I've been having a lot of neck/back pain recently and lots of headaches and I suspect some of it at least is due to stress over the AN & meningioma. When I was in China for a few weeks several years ago, we were given a demonstration of traditional Chinese medical techniques. I volunteered to be the guinea pig for our group and the doctor used glass cups on my left shoulder. When he went to remove them, he got very agitated because some of them left huge red/purple marks. He called another doctor in, and they wiggled my shoulder around and then asked me if I had a shoulder injury. I did. They were adamant that this was just a demonstration, not a treatment, but in a few minutes they had precisely identified the source of my shoulder problem - something that took the physiotherapists I saw in the US 9 or 10 visits to do! 

2011 8 x 7 mm AN, & 20 x 22 mm M found, both on the left. Mosaic NF2 diagnosed. Some hearing loss
2014 hearing 30% on left, now using hearing aid (HA)
2015 Now have CROS HA - no longer hear enough for HA to be useful in AN ear
2016 Use an FM system on occasion at work to supplement HA

Mei Mei

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:19:29 am »
I know.   They just know how the body works.   One woman that I see in Beijing back in 1996 said by reading my earlobes that I had a bladder problem and I never mentioned but she was right.   I still do.   These people are incredible.   I told my aunt I wanted to buy a set of those cups but she said no, I had to be well trained or I could get hurt.   It's not that easy to do and you have to have a well trained practitioner.

PM me and I'll see if I can help you find someone.
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 09:06:30 pm »
Mei Mei,

What type of laser treatment are you having? 
Yeah, if you get approved for the botox injections you just need to be sure the dr. is aware of your surgical area.   I can't remember.......did they NOT put the bone back in place with the retro surgery?  Is that why your one shot went straight into brain?   I know for mine, middle fossa it is supposedly all healed back up now.

Still not sure what the cupping thing is.  I left a post on your facebook page to tell us.....sounds like something new (for here anyways)

Take Care,
Denise
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Mei Mei

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 06:50:32 pm »
I had about ten shots into my brain of Bipuvocaine which is similar to Lidocaine and I was a hair's breath from dying.   I still relive it.  It was a nightmare, plus they had over $10,000 in ER and ICU bills and kept following me for the $450 for the shot he did right along the retrosigmoid line.   What a dummy.  He shot through the Mesh.

Whew!

Laser treatment is warm and good, but don't know much about how it makes me improve.
Hugs,
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 04:54:47 pm »
I had about ten shots into my brain of Bipuvocaine which is similar to Lidocaine and I was a hair's breath from dying.   I still relive it.  It was a nightmare, plus they had over $10,000 in ER and ICU bills and kept following me for the $450 for the shot he did right along the retrosigmoid line.   What a dummy.  He shot through the Mesh.

Whew!

Laser treatment is warm and good, but don't know much about how it makes me improve.
Hugs,
Mei Mei

You STILL didn't explain the cupping!!  and what is the laser treatment for??

;)  Thanks,
    Denise (MI)
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Mei Mei

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 07:12:10 pm »
HERE IS A GOOGLE search on Cupping:

http://www.google.com/search?client=gmail&rls=gm&q=CUPPING

The laser wand is passed over the painful area which for me is my neck and shoulder
It feels good while they are doing it but I'm not sure of the long term benefits.   As long as it feels good I'm happy with it.  I think it is deep heat treatment as opposed to ultrasound which the massage therapist uses on me.   I get the accupuncture, laser, massage and cupping all in one appointment.   The cupping feels the best on me and while the cups are on me it is extremely wonderful...0 pain and so incredible.   That and the Myofacial release therapy have been the only things that have helped me in this long road we have travelled together.   Can't stay on the computer any long.   Acupuncturist made me promise not to get on.   I can't resist taking a peek and seeing my Fourmites.
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Mei Mei

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 07:01:01 am »
Here is a nice CBS video on Cupping:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/07/12/earlyshow/health/main628788.shtml

My doctor doesn't use the fire.   She has the modern kind with a suction gun.  I had it done in Shanghai on my hip for the bursitis I was having from a fall that went into a split.

Give it a try and hope you can find someone to help you with this.    It completely removed the large spasm in my neck that a series of Lidocaine injections did nothing for.   It was so painful that the Lidocaine didn't help.
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo