Author Topic: Getting Prepared - Thoughts?  (Read 7258 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Getting Prepared - Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 07:52:56 am »
Because I'm a brat.

Welcome to the club  ;D  Lori and I are brats, too  >:D

Glad you like the demo - it impressed the hell out of me and the rest is BAHA history!  I just celebrated the 3 year anniversary of my implant and I've never regretted it a day in my life.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Ancora Imparo Girl

• Ancora Imparo Girl
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 12:03:19 pm »
Jan,
It's so exciting!!! So, is the actual BAHA way way better than the simulator? What's the most annoying thing about it?

I'm so glad I get to join the BAHA Brat club.  ;)

Thanks for your responses.

- Joey
Translab surgery, simultaneous BAHA sleeper insertion 5/4/11 (no complications) • BAHA Abutment insertion 8/10/11 (device activation 9/14 - hopefully) • I'm a 38-year-old, single mom, magazine editor, volunteer, friend, daughter, niece, grand-daughter and music lover.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 07:03:32 pm »
Hey Joey,

Glad you are enjoying the BAHA demo!  As you know, I've had my BAHA for almost 3 weeks and am still marveling at the sounds.  It's way cool.  I had serviceable hearing before surgery, but there was so much going on for the first few years after surgery that I really didn't realize how much I missed my hearing.  I got to the point where I avoided a lot of social situations because it was just too difficult.  Of course, the BAHA doesn't "cure" everything, but it sure does help! 

Do you have a firm date for the surgery yet?

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Ancora Imparo Girl

• Ancora Imparo Girl
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 01:09:34 pm »
Hi Debbi! Yes, my surgery is scheduled for May 4. I'm nervous. But positive.

I am living vicariously through your Baha experience. I can't wait to be in the Baha club!

You're my hero!

xo
Translab surgery, simultaneous BAHA sleeper insertion 5/4/11 (no complications) • BAHA Abutment insertion 8/10/11 (device activation 9/14 - hopefully) • I'm a 38-year-old, single mom, magazine editor, volunteer, friend, daughter, niece, grand-daughter and music lover.