Author Topic: Tomorrow Surgery!  (Read 13497 times)

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
Re: Tomorrow Surgery!
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 01:53:12 pm »
Barb,

This is great news! Thanks for sharing it.

Once I got home, I did my best to walk as much as I could. That included doing loops in the cul de sac two or three times day. keeping track of what I did each day helped me see clearly how much I was improving. Stairs were harder, so I made an effort to practice going up and down stairs.

I hope the good healing continues,

Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

justducky

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 02:21:02 pm »
Thanks Jim. Hope this is an encouragement to those thinking about surgery.

Thanks, Barb. 

The news about Tom being home and his recovery moving right along makes my day.  I did a lot of walking (mostly at a local park, my wife at my side) in the weeks following my AN surgery and I believe it helped me recover my balance as well as making me feel 'normal' again, being out and about.  Thanks for sharing your elation - and the good news!  :)

Jim
Husband with AN 2.1 x 1.2 cm right ear. Had translab surgery 2/9/11. Recovering nicely. No facial nerve damage.

cindyj

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 02:49:09 pm »
Glad to know he's home - always helps recovery to get to your own bed (in my opinion ;)).  Have him walk outside some also - it's different and can be a bit of a challenge, but helps things improve.  I don't drink coffee either, but start my day (and always have) with a Coke.  Maybe that would be enough caffeine for him.  Tell him to still take some naps too!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

lori67

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 03:03:07 pm »
Gotta love a doctor that prescribes coffee!   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

justducky

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 03:21:22 pm »
He has drunk Mountain Dew as long as I have known him, but with being a borderline Diabetic, he switched to Diet Mountain Dew, but it appears that the sweetners don't always agree with his stomach (long story). Thus the suggestion of learning to like coffee.

Yes, outside will be great as soon as it warms up a bit more!!!

Glad to know he's home - always helps recovery to get to your own bed (in my opinion ;)).  Have him walk outside some also - it's different and can be a bit of a challenge, but helps things improve.  I don't drink coffee either, but start my day (and always have) with a Coke.  Maybe that would be enough caffeine for him.  Tell him to still take some naps too!

Cindy
Husband with AN 2.1 x 1.2 cm right ear. Had translab surgery 2/9/11. Recovering nicely. No facial nerve damage.

justducky

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 03:22:40 pm »
Yes!!!!! I guess a cup of coffee is actually good for you as long as you don't over do it (as with everything else).

Gotta love a doctor that prescribes coffee!   ;D

Lori

BostonBill

• Aside from tumor, picture of health, living dream
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 05:48:17 pm »
Thanks ducky, my surgery is scheduled for June and really really look for and appreciate reading post surgery posts and related experiences! Extremely helpfull!
Bill
Diagnosed Dec 21, 2010, 1.75 x 1.75cm plan is for retrosigmoid removal scheduled for June 15th at MGH by Dr Barker & Dr Lee. Putting off so I may enjoy my sons senior year varsity hockey, lacrosse seasons and graduation. That and our annual trip to Cancun in May.

justducky

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 07:03:21 pm »
Are you having the translab surgery?

BostonBill

• Aside from tumor, picture of health, living dream
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 12:00:36 pm »
No, it's the Retrosigmoid approach for me. My Neurotologist Dr Lee feels it is worth trying to save the hearing I have.
Diagnosed Dec 21, 2010, 1.75 x 1.75cm plan is for retrosigmoid removal scheduled for June 15th at MGH by Dr Barker & Dr Lee. Putting off so I may enjoy my sons senior year varsity hockey, lacrosse seasons and graduation. That and our annual trip to Cancun in May.

justducky

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011, 12:50:03 pm »
Ok. Great..... we wish you the very best outcome!