Author Topic: Saw a BAHA  (Read 2063 times)

Cheryl R

Saw a BAHA
« on: December 18, 2010, 04:34:30 pm »
I went shopping today in spite of the crowds.     While standing in line at the food court noticed a guy in front of me with a BAHA on.    He just got it Nov 30th and says he loves it.     I am the first person who has known what it is and was very good to talk about it.    He does not have an AN in spite of the symptoms.     They do not know the cause but the MRI was fine.      Also went to an ENT in NW Iowa to have it done and can not remember the town but not a large town like I would think.    He said ins did pay for it.  I gave them my email address so they are from NW Iowa and told them about here also.          So cool that I recognized it right off and got to talk to him.     I tried to think of the questions on the spur of the moment so did not get them all answered.
                                                               Cheryl R

Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

grega

Re: Saw a BAHA
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:43:37 pm »
Hi Cheryl .... thanks for posting your experience.  I try to think of something that might bring a smile to those who ask about mine depending on the circumstances and location.  E.G.  soon after I got mine, I was in a restaurant near a hospital where my mom was for a few dys.  If asked, I was ready to say that I just escaped from the hospital .... and left before I could get all the monitoring thingys off of me. 

But I didn't get the chance ...... oh well .... next time perhaps.
Keep smiling!

Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Saw a BAHA
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 01:15:20 pm »
Very cool  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways