Author Topic: Seizures  (Read 1900 times)

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Seizures
« on: November 11, 2010, 12:20:57 pm »
I am definitely waiting to go for an EEG but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this for numerous months I thought at first I was just having alot of bad dreams and woke up yelling for help. But the past few days which I have been under alot of stress and medications so of course I blame it on that but mid afternoon around the time exhaustion starts I have been dozing off but now I know for sure I have been having awareness seizures in a semi-conscious state my body is shaking and I cannot speak. I was wondering if anyone else has ever experience this right after surgery or months later.

I would appreciate any feedback on this new problem I am now experiencing before I go for my test.

Thank you,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Kathleen_Mc

Re: Seizures
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 12:30:38 am »
Pat: the first seizure I had was a couple of years post-op, I was drinking  (yeah alcohol)and had a seizure, I was "worked up" by my neuro afterwards and no "seizure disorder" was found......at the time I was also on a medication that maybe shouldn't have been mixed with alcohol. He figured the combo of the three factors (adding in neuro. recovery still ongoing from OR of AN) kinda clashed together that day and wham......I was seizing!
the second time I had a seizure was during extensive blood testing in a doctor office....glucose tolerance test and something to do with the blood pressure....challenging it with some pill I took....well my sugar bottomed out and so did my blood pressure and I went down doin' the shakey breaky!!
Those was the only two times it happened to me, to my knowledge anyway. It's not a nice thing.
Important this gets checked up, I have hear of people developing seizure disorders following "brain trauma" (surgery, injury etc)
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: Seizures
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 07:30:51 am »
Kathleen thank you for your reply I read that to that people develop it after surgery I am hoping that this is temporary and maybe due to stress... It seems to be happening more when I start to fall asleep later in the afternoon while in a twilight state then it happens ... I think this has been happening for a while but thought I was having bad dreams and waking up screaming for help wish it was .. Hoping this is not permanent and I said to the doctors maybe all the medication I am on is causing this especially Ambien and they are saying no ?

Again thank you for your reply and glad that you are not experiencing anymore seizures.

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.