Author Topic: looking for warm and fuzzy radiation stories  (Read 9032 times)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: looking for warm and fuzzy radiation stories
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 07:41:05 pm »
Hey, Alan, I figure if the darn(insert alternate word here) thing is dead, and that's as warm and fuzzy as I can get...then I'm good with that!!

Sue in Vancouver USA

PS  I do have a blog with my AN adventures on there, if you want to follow the link at the bottom.
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 08:40:27 pm »
I just had to laugh...something about "radiation" & "warm" in the same sentence!!   ::) ::)

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Vivian B.

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 01:53:32 pm »
Hi Alan,

As you have already seen, everybody's reaction is different. There are some good outcomes overall. I had GK in June 2010, the procedure went well. Incisions were swollen but can't complain. I did experience pain after 4 months, something like a severe ear infection type of pain, took Tylenol #3 for it, and I am into the 6 month post radio and I'm starting to feel better.  My 6 month MRI shows tumor is stable, no growth noted. As far as warm and fuzzy, I think the only thing that feels warm and fuzzy is the actually tumor nicely living where it's not suppose to.

Hope this helps.

Vivian 
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Alan R

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 12:54:47 pm »
So I was treated on November 15th.  I did have a couple of dizzy wonky head days over Thanksgiving week but otherwise I feel pretty good.  I still have some dizzyness but only slight and the hearing and ringing are pretty much unchanged.  I have noticed a profound change when I have coffee (even decaff) so I need to stop drinking that it makes me very dizzy.  Salt also seems to have a similar effect.  So far so good.  The symptoms are really not even supposed to be present until about four to six weeks out.  I am nearly there now.  If I stay away from caffine and salt, I feel pretty good.  Just an update.  Alan-
Right Side AN
Diagnosed by MRI Sept 2, 2010
1.2 cm
some hearing loss
high pitched ringing in ears
dizzy spells

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 03:00:43 pm »
Alan ~

Congratulations on your successful GK treatment and relatively smooth recovery. I trust it will continue.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

GRACE1

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 02:33:25 pm »
Glad your treatment is behind you.  Continued luck on your recovery.

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

mk

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 06:21:34 pm »
I also noticed at times that drinking coffee made me dizzy, especially in the afternoons. I don't know if it was related to treatment, or to stress in general. So I changed my afternoon coffee to green tea, which made me feel much better.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

Alan R

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 11:24:14 pm »
So far so good.  I was out climbing today and it was great. 
Right Side AN
Diagnosed by MRI Sept 2, 2010
1.2 cm
some hearing loss
high pitched ringing in ears
dizzy spells