Author Topic: HMO-Healthnet  (Read 3735 times)

ReneeK

HMO-Healthnet
« on: October 12, 2010, 04:13:13 pm »
Hello All,
I hope someone can give me an idea as to how long the isurance process take?? I am going to have surgery at the House Clinic, but to do this I will be going outside my medical group. Patty Dr. Friedman's surgery coordinator is working on this and says Healthnet (my HMO) has approved, but now they have to work out a rate?? I saw Dr. Friedman on 9/15 for consult and am hoping to get the surgery scheduled by November?? Has anyone been through this process?? If so I would love some fedback :) Also how are HMO's with covering the BAJA? Sorry for all the questions, but everyone is beyond helpful on this site  ;D

Thanks!!

Renee

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: HMO-Healthnet
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:01:07 pm »
Renee -

I have no experience with House Clinic or with Healthnet, but if you run into problems getting the BAHA covered contact Cochlear. 

They have a new division (called OMS) that deals directly with patients' insurance companies and helps them get BAHA coverage.  You'll find information about OMS on the Cochlear website (www.cochlearamericas.com).

Good luck,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways