Author Topic: Stereo headphone  (Read 2528 times)

Eva

Stereo headphone
« on: November 07, 2010, 06:53:33 am »
I think this could be interesting for music lovers. I have bought a stereo headphone for one ear and the soud is quite good. You can have a look at it:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Stanton-DJ-Pro-300-SingleSide-Headphone?sku=242700

23 x 18 x 19 mm, May 2007
Retrosigmoid June 2007, Prague,Czech Republic, no complications
Deaf left side, slight ballance problems, tinnitus

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Stereo headphone
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 08:05:50 am »
Eva .....

Thanks for posting this link.  I could not tell from the description whether both left and right channels are actually funneled into one ..... wasn't quite sure what "wide-frequency sound production" meant.

I have a Scan Sound earbud that I like very much, but the larger earphone sounds intriguing for home use.  See http://www.scansound.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16179  I actually purchased the 1-BUD-PRO-Combo.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 12:49:23 am »
Glad to hear the make headphones for one ear!
 I remember in my first year postop going to buy new headphones for my walkman (yeah walkman, dating myself here eh?). I remember clearly if they had ones designed for people who can only hear with one ear, so that you get the full effect unlike wearing only one of the set of two.....needless to say they didn't so flippant young me said to the sales guy "OK then do I get half price on the full set" and then I indicated to the ear phone that would be no use to me and said "you can keep this half"....needless to say they wouldn't go for the half price3, I was still in my angry phase of things so I cussed them out and left the store.
You know I never did use my walkman again! And the only time I use earphones is on a plane!
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

Nickittynic

• Bug in the Brain Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 01:52:59 pm »
Cool!

I got the single-sided ear bud thing for my ipod for Christmas last year and I like it! It's also a neat conversation piece to pull out of my bag.  :P
25 year old OBGYN nurse, wife, mother of two
5.5cm x 3.1cm left side AN removed via retrosigmoid 9/09 @ Hopkins
SSD, Tinnitus, Chronic Migraines, Facial paralysis (improving!)
Resolved - Left sided weakness, Cognitive issues
Gold weight, upper and lower punctal plugs, tarsorrhaphy