Author Topic: Cordelle II body worn device  (Read 2162 times)

beezeyob

Cordelle II body worn device
« on: October 08, 2010, 08:24:23 am »
Hi!  I've been attached to a Baha for approximately 3 years now, lol.  I suffer from otosclerosis, which has morphed into ssd on the right and a pretty profound loss on the left (but still aidable).  I wear a Cordelle II and have YET to meet up with anyone else who wears this device (even tho I know they have to be out there!).  I'm pretty frustrated with Cochlear as I understand that, even tho they've worked on improving the Devino and are now working on improving the Intenso, they have NO plans on working to improve the Cordelle II.  That has me completely bummed and feeling left out on all the progress.....

I just found out about the Ponto and am in the process of investigating to see if they have something strong enough for me.  Since it doesn't appear Cochlear considers Cordelle II wearers important enough to improve on the device, I guess I'm hoping Oticon will prove to be more interested in ALL of their users.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Cordelle II body worn device
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 10:41:28 pm »
The body worn Cordelle II is not widely used - most people have a BAHA attached to the skull, but I'm guessing your otosclerosis prevents that.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know much about the Cordelle II - other than what it is and that it's worn by few - I have the "conventional" BAHA.

Cochlear has replaced the Divino with the BP100 (which has 12 channels as opposed to 1 channel - and is much more programmable) and you are correct, they are working on upgrading the Intenso. 

The Ponto won't help you - since you are a Cordelle II wearer.  The Ponto and the Ponto Pro are basically BAHA system devices that are comparable to the BP100.  The Ponto is a more basic model; the Ponto Pro is a little "fancier".  I don't know that Oticon has any plans to do a Cordelle type device in the near future, but you never know.

If you want to express your dissatisfaction with Cochlear to an actual rep of the company, please PM me your email address and I'll give you a few people at Cochlear that you can contact.  In my experience, Cochlear is always happy to hear from customers (and candidates) and they are very customer-service oriented. 

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways