Author Topic: Update on GramaSuby!  (Read 19428 times)

moe

Re: Update on GramaSuby!
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2010, 11:30:59 am »
Sue,
Glad you got some clarification from your doctors while you were "out to lunch" so to speak ;)
Morphine can do that to you, I guess. Plus all the other stuff. Sounds like they took great care of you.

I asked my doctor, years later, about the facial nerve thing. I just wanted to hear it from HIM. He said he knew the minute he saw what he was dealing with that there was no
hope in saving the nerve. The nerve and all (?) its branches were obliterated. So I felt better, just knowing that that was what had to be done. He did save my life :)
Enjoy your holidays, and continue to keep the pace at YOUR pace OK? (easier said than done, as my mind is whirling with what is coming in the next month :o )
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

GramaSuby

• "Lost my muchness have I"? ALICE IN WONDERLAND
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2010, 07:41:20 pm »
Maureen, you are a great comfort to me!  Thanks for the posts :)
Diagnosed Nov 08  w/ 14x13x14mm left AN. Translab on 9/30/10 w/ Dr's Mattox & Olson at Emory University Hosp. in Atlanta.  Post surgery complications were meningitis & pneumonia. Hospitalized for 12 days, zero memory for the first 5.

moe

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2010, 09:08:37 pm »
You're welcome ;) Glad I can be of some comfort :)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

GramaSuby

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2010, 05:41:37 pm »
 :) Thank goodness for this forum!  I feel kind of guilty for all the posts but it really helps me to have a place to go so I don't have to bother my family.

So, I am doing really well w/ barely a swerve, wonky or desert eye. What lingers is the numb tongue, especially the tip which still has a burnt feeling, barely functioning tastebuds, facial paralysis which is slowly getting better and my eye which is relaxing gradually. The ringing in my ear still annoys me but most of the time I  don't notice it. Wondering if that is because its not actually ringing or if I just tune in to it every now and then.  Kinda like the tree falling in the forest.

Have a great Christmas all ;)

PS  Where did the spell check button go?
Diagnosed Nov 08  w/ 14x13x14mm left AN. Translab on 9/30/10 w/ Dr's Mattox & Olson at Emory University Hosp. in Atlanta.  Post surgery complications were meningitis & pneumonia. Hospitalized for 12 days, zero memory for the first 5.

GramaSuby

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2011, 01:11:49 pm »
Its been awhile since I've been on and so much has happened.  I finally got my medical records from Emory($503 worth).  I found the CT scan done while I was "mentally agitated', basically out of my mind, in 4-point restraints and at that point critically ill. What they failed to tell me was that I also had a cyst on my heart!  So I went to a cardiologist for a repeat CT & an ultrasound.  The ultrasound was normal but the CT showed the cyst to be in my chest AND that I had spots on my liver.  After another ultrasound,now on my liver, showed that I have a liver disease called a non-alcoholic fatty liver.  Great!  Just what I needed!  The gastroenterologist then informed me I needed an endoscope because of how bad my heartburn has become.  At this rate something else will show up. 

The good news is that I have an appointment w/ my ENT for a BAHA.  Can hardly wait!  My facial paralysis is almost gone & all else is good. 

Oh yeah,  my records also showed that not all of the tumor was resected.  So much more is there, both interesting & scary!

So, be good all!

Sue

PS  My new computer has the spell check on it, thank goodness!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2011, 03:02:43 pm »
Sue .....

Thanks for the update on what is (and has been) going on in your life.  Wish the report could be better.  At least you and now your doctors, hopefully, are on top of it.  This is further proof that we have to be our own advocates when it comes to healthcare.

Yaaaaay for the facial paralysis being almost gone and yaaaay for the soon to be BAHA.  We can celebrate these things!

Prayers continue for accurate diagnoses and treatments for the other issues.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011