Author Topic: Feeling conflicted with some second thoughts; CK in 22 days  (Read 6219 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Feeling conflicted with some second thoughts; CK in 22 days
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 10:42:15 pm »
Connie ~

I'm glad you've chosen to move forward with your CyberKnife procedure.  You make a valid point regarding the possibility of herbs and supplements having medicinal effects and possibly proving to be efficacious in slowing or stopping the growth of an acoustic neuroma.  As you noted, you'll never know.  Our collective opinion that finds these substances unhelpful is based on what is currently known, today.  Of course, as with all things, time brings new knowledge and new approaches.  However, as non-physicians, we have to err on the side of caution when advising AN patients about the possibility of an herb/supplement slowing the growth of the tumor.   I have no doubt that Boswellia may prove to be effective in reducing AN growth - someday.  However, you cannot wait and are being prudent and practical as you move ahead with your plan to undergo the CK procedure.  I know we all wish you complete success and will be looking forward to your updates.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.