Author Topic: Capt Deb cancer update  (Read 42775 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Capt Deb cancer update
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 04:44:08 pm »
Wow! You guys are great--especially nice to hear from the lovely Palace!  She calls herself that because she is a true princess! She even has a professionally made profile pic!

I have an appt on Thursday in Charlotte, NC with an ENT surgeon I found through Charlotte Presbyterian--I even spoke with a patient of hers--her receptionist went through the very same thing. Very big nice hospital where my grandscallywag, Thing 2, was born.

I spent Labor Day in the Emergency Room (no I was not in labor)--I had a bad reaction to the meloxicam (NSAID) medication that I take for my back pain.  Nausea and a monumental case of the pukies.  I had slacked off a bit on the tummy meds, apparently too much.  I'm feeling fine now, but am avoiding the anti-inflamatory, and of course that means even more pain.

I saw my GP today and she put me on Klonapin for anxiety and stress.  I've had a family situation that has really upset me recently but I won't go into that here--I may vent it out over in the Cognitive/Emotional section, which we ought to rename "The Vent Room" or "Psychiactric Help 5 cents" (anyone remember Lucy's booth from Peanuts?)

Bless all of you for being so supportive--I get more of that here than from my own family sometimes (except for Dr Love, or course!)

Hugs to you all xoxoxoxox

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

iluuvpups

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 05:19:55 pm »
I remember Lucy's booth from Peanuts! 

Sorry to hear that you had to spend Labor Day in the E.R.  That really sucks.  Glad you're feeling better!
Original 1.75cm left-side AN diagnosed Feb 2010
Translab surgery May 27, 2010 with Drs. Kartush and Pieper of MEI
SSD on left side, some facial weakness, tear duct doesn't work
Found I actually had a facial neuroma during translab
Remaining 6mm facial neuroma - watch and wait

moe

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 05:53:23 pm »
Capn Deb,
Sorry about all this >:(
You are AMAZING! Hang in there. Sorry about all the other cr@!, grrrrr..
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Cheryl R

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 06:06:16 pm »
Capt Deb, I hope the klonapin helps you!     I have a friend who was finally found to have panic attacks and it has helped her so much to function well!                    That is too bad to have family stress as know all too well that does not help what else we deal with!              Good luck with the upcoming surgery and take it all day by day!                       Cheryl R 
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2010, 07:15:59 pm »
Deb .....

So glad your Charlotte appointment is soon.  Hang in there ..... relief is on the way.

Much love and many prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2010, 08:36:32 pm »
Families got to love them!!!  I got rid of all of the energy sucking vampires in my life.  It took 26 years and a huge lie by MIL to my hubby about me.  He caught her red handed and that was that, good riddance energy sucking vampire and the rest followed!

Your hubby loves you and he is there for you.  We love you and we are here for you!!  Now concentrate on kicking a$$ and getting rid of the cancer  ::)

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Lizard

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 09:00:40 pm »
Capt.
My parents live just outside of Charlotte and have told me that the hospital there has a great reputation.  Hopefully the drive isn't too long from your mountain home  :D
You really are some crazy statistic, but you will receive the treatment you need and will make a full recovery!
Sending good thoughts your way.
Liz

PS We're going to vegas for a long weekend on the 14th, what numbers do you want me to play on the roulette table??  I plan on making some money for us with this one....
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 09:12:19 pm »
I have purged the family vampires because I had to preserve myself

glad you have appointment lined up ...

maybe we should both go in to gambling ... I have lupus , a rare genetic bone and joint disease (or disorder or syndrome ) depending on who you ask , had the AN and have the post op headaches that supposedly few get ... so am I winner all around or what?

good luck and continued good thoughts follow you from Tennessee
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 09:06:23 am »
I purged an energy sucking vampire that I had tried to make nice with on facebook with one click of the delete button.  I told her what was going on with me and she posted for all to see, "Karma is a *****, ain't it?"  Does she really think I DESERVE losing my art career, a brain tumor, wonky balance, chronic migraines, excruciating daily back pain, AND cancer? Jeesh!

Capt Deb

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 09:18:18 am »
Hey Deb,
   It's been a very long time since I lurked on the forum, I am shocked to come on here today and read about your AN's devilish tiwn in your Tyroid.  I'll be putting on the pirate socks righ away and sending positive energy your way for a speedy recovery from all this nonsense.  My mom had this and others I know or, seems being able to whip it's $$ is pretty positive.  I was reading your list of the odds,  I keep saying that kind of stuff with the darn AN coming back for a second round. I  didn't know we were in such a low odd rate with the headaches.  Just though we all suffered with the brainwrecks.
Anyway, I'll pop in more often to see how you are doing.  hang in there,.

Yootee
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Brewers7

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 10:09:29 am »
prayers from Mississippi
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 03:54:13 pm »
Wow Donnalynn, I PMed you back before I read this--you hit the nail on the head.  I'm surrounding myself with love and light. I don't have a surgical date yet, but I'm pretty sure it will be next week.  I'm going to Charlotte because that's where the folks who truly love me, my daughter-in-law and family,  can care for me post-op and Eric can have some help.  I'll have some rowdy grandscallywags around, but they like to get in bed and snuggle, too.  How healing is THAT!

Capt Deb

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 04:00:54 pm »
Deb ~

I'm sorry to learn of the unpleasant incident you experienced on Facebook.  That kind of evil person is one reason why I don't use that site.  Much nicer folks here. 

It looks as if you'll certainly be surrounded by loving people in Charlotte next week and that will be a blessing, I know.  Meanwhile, our prayers for you will continue.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 04:31:42 pm »
I have had people tell me that my health issues that have all occurred since my divorce from first husband  are because
I left ... leaving was an act of self preservation and ridding myself of one vampire ... but have many that say I have caused
him to sin since he is living with his girl friend of 8 or 9 years and that my girls are b******s because I was allowed only one
husband ... no mention about abuse I suffered at his hands ... that is fine since the man is head of the house ...

and these people have said my AN and Lupus are a direct result of the negative energy that I have focused on myself ... they had
to be cut from my life ... glad you cut your vampire out of your life ... surrounding yourself with positive people is the way to go ...
the others don't matter

continued good thoughts coming at you ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2010, 06:47:10 pm »
Jeesh Soundy, way to stand up for yourself! Proud of ya girl!

Capt Deb

PS Jim--I went through a class 5 hurricane in 89on St Croix.  A lot of my very good friends just up and left the island and I never knew what happened to them or where they went since there were no phones for 6 months and many folks houses were just leveled or boats had just disappeared when I tried to go see them.  Everyone seemed to be camping out at a neighbor or friends house until they could get a flight off the island--which took me almost a week of showing up at the airport every day and waiting around with no food, water or bathrooms till you could find a plane that could take you.

Facebook has allowed me to reconnect with lifelong friends from this diaspora.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:48:54 pm by Captain Deb »