Author Topic: Moe and Kaybo Meet  (Read 3986 times)

Kaybo

Moe and Kaybo Meet
« on: February 17, 2011, 03:54:09 pm »

Just thought I would share (some of you have seen this on FB)...Maureen is in the Houston area to watch her son in a diving competition and I drove out to meet her.  We had a great time chatting!  We would have been able to visit a bit longer if I hadn't been so late because I missed the exit and drove WAY past her!!  Thanks for the lunch and the wonderful visit!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Moe and Kaybo Meet
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 03:59:30 pm »
Ahhhhhh, two beautiful girls!  I am so glad you had this chance to visit together in sunny Houston!!!  Thanks for sharing the picture.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 04:20:48 pm »
Kaybo ~

Thanks for the photo of two lovely ladies.   I'm so glad you and Maureen were able to get together and enjoy each others company for a bit.  'AN people' have a special bond and I thank you for making the effort, wrong exit and all, to connect with Maureen.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Brewers7

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 05:16:19 pm »
My heroes!
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

Jackie

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 05:22:53 pm »
How exciting for the two of you to meet and share your experience with us! It's like meeting a long lost sister, isn't it? I had the pleasure of meeting Moe at one of our local AN meetings and feel I know her through her posts just like I feel I know Kaybo by reading her posts. Someday I hope to really meet you too Kaybo. You gals are my type of people!!!
You are both really lovely ladies, and your glow is amazingly beautiful!!!
Thank-you for your always spreading the cheer!
Blessings to you both,
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Keri

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 11:01:37 pm »
so glad you both met and got to spend some time together! it is special when AN'ers get to meet each other.

don't feel too bad about the 'missed my exit thing.' once i was driving in houston (many years ago), missed my exit and drove around the ENTIRE loop. then got off, tried to get back on, and went the wrong way up a ramp. finally made it. i'm glad i wasn't your chauffeur!

great picture! hope maureen's son did well in the diving competition.

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 04:30:09 pm »
Kay,
I will be in Houston in June to lecture.  Maybe we can get a breakfast in before I leave.  My lunches and dinners are tied up, but when I have the exact dates I will let you know.  Would love to get together!
~Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

moe

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 10:10:52 am »
Thanks for posting this Kay!
I'm terrible at posting pics.....but then you are the budding photographer :)

It WAS like visiting with a long lost sister. What a nice short time we had!

My son got 2nd place on the 1 meter AND 3 meter. Not bad for a kid (young adult) who just joined the dive team his sophomore year, with no dive experience :D
He is obviously athletically gifted. His previous history was soccer, tennis, surfing and long boarding through the campus (Trinity University in San Antonio). He was basically
recruited by a team member, because they needed more guys on the team........

Okay I'm back in WA now and am scheduled for yet another surgery this WED. Brow lift (bilateral) and canthoplexy to the left eye. Can't wait to get this done, so I can see out of that eye better!

This is actually a great picture showing the two types of surgery that we have here on the forum for permanent facial paralysis. Mine being the GRACILIS FREE FLAP surgery and Kay having the T3 surgery!

When you guys get the next ANA newsletter, look at the Mailbag section, and you'll see a blurb from me :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:15:01 am by moe »
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Kaybo

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 10:21:50 am »
Dale~

I would LOVE to meet up with you!!  :D Have GIRLY van, will travel!!  Let me know exactly when you will be here. 

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 11:44:02 am »
GREAT PICTURE !!  You both look (& I'm sure feel) fantastic.  Isn't modern medicine wonderful !  Glad you both got to see each other !  Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 12:16:24 pm »
Dale, I would love to come w/Kaybo to meet you!  Let us know when you might be in the area. We could make it a party  :D :D

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 08:02:28 am »
What fun!  And, I love the picture of you two babes!  Hey, remember that movie "Calendar Girls?"  Maybe we should do an AN Babes (and Dudes, of course) Calendar...

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 01:32:22 am »
Kay and Priscilla,
Would LOVE to get together.  I will be in Houston only a short time.  June 6-8.  One of two things will probably work.  Perhaps dinner on the night I arrive (the 6th) or breakfast before I leave on the 8th.  I will be staying at the Houston Marriott West Loop.  I will be lecturing and working all day Tuesday and Tuesday night.  I think we might want to continue the details on PM or through regular email so we don't hijack this thread.....
~Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego