Author Topic: Mayo Clinic in MN  (Read 3741 times)

20acrewoods

Mayo Clinic in MN
« on: January 13, 2010, 03:24:00 pm »
My husband was diagnosed in Nov. w/ a 2.7 cm AN & will be seeing a Dr. Michael Link at the Mayo Clinic in MN in one week-1st visit.  Has anyone had Dr. Link as their surgeon?
Also, my husband is a carpenter.  Are there any other carpenters out there who are recovered/recovering from their tumor who can tell me how long b/4 you went back to climbing ladders, etc.?  I know each person is unique, but looking for some insite.  This could be a very long winter.
Hoping & praying for a great outcome for my husband.  Prayers accepted!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Mayo Clinic in MN
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 08:43:10 pm »
Hi, 20acre and welcome to the Forum.

Bob (aka Warm in MN) had Cyberknife @ St. Joseph's in St. Paul, but he consulted with a doctor at Mayo who does both radiation and surgery.  At least that's what he said in this thread
http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=10583.0  (see his response at the bottom of page 1).  If you click on Bob's user name it will open his profile and you can send him a PM (personal message).  I'm sure he'd be happy to share his experience with you.

It seems to me there are some other threads that talk about Dr. Link, but I'm still trying to locate them.  If I find some, I'll come back here and post them.

Good luck to your husband - and to you.  If you haven't already you should contact the ANA for their literature; very valuable and very well written.

Best,

Jan

I knew there were more threads - try http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=10318.0 and http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=10585.0
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:46:37 pm by leapyrtwins »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Warm_in_MN

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:32:59 pm »
Hi this is Bob (aka Warm in MN).  I did not see Dr. Link.  It was a 2 month wait to get in to see him.  Also, they do not have a CyberKnife machine at the Mayo in Rochester, MN.  After meeting with some neurosurgeons in the Twin Cities, I was convinced the CyberKnife route was the path for me to follow.  It's been 2 months now since I've had my treatment at St. Joseph's in St. Paul.  I've recently been experiencing some increased tinnitus, tin can sounding in my ear,  and some loss of hearing.  I think it's because of swelling.  I've been given some anti inflammatory medication (steroids).  I'm having a follow up MRI next week to "check on it".  Let's hope it's just swelling and things will calm down.  I'll keep you all in the loop.  Best wishes to all......Bob

AN 2.2cm x 1.6cm right side.  Diagnosed 9/09.  CyberKnife treatment at St. Joseph's Hospital St. Paul MN 11/09.  Single Sided Deaf (SSD) Living with Trigeminal Neuralgia since 06/13

maro

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 10:31:50 pm »
Hello, did your husband got the surgery with Dr. Link? my husband was referred there also. Any information will help, thanks