Author Topic: CK and trip to Stanford scheduled !  (Read 5968 times)

Tisha

Re: CK and trip to Stanford scheduled !
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 11:21:47 am »
Free2be....Good luck next week if you are leaving tomorrow for SF.  Try not to be too nervous, after your 1st treatment, you should be relaxed.

Monterey and Carmel are only a 90 minute drive from Palo Alto.  Do make that trip, it's easy.  We just mapquested it at our hotel, they had an internet site up in the restaurant area.  We also drove to Sausalito and Muir Woods.  Of course it's a tad nervous driving around a big city when you don't know where you are, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

In downtown Palo Alto, I believe the main street is called University Blvd.  Anyway, there are cute restaurants with tables on the sidewalks.  We went to one restaurant and had dinner and some wine, it was called Univerisity "something".  You'll see it, have a glass of wine and raise a toast.  Maybe we should make that the place of destination for us Stanford CKer's to go to.  Check out the name again.

Good luck and come back and tell us your experience when it's over....Tisha
1.7 x 1.0 x .9 cm (diagnosed Oct 2008)
1.8 x 1.2 x 1.1 cm  (July 2010-swelling)
1.5 x .9 x .9 cm  (Mar 2013 - 5 yr MRI)
Cyberknife at Stanford, week of 1/12/09 -  Drs. Chang and Soltys

Tumbleweed

Re: CK and trip to Stanford scheduled !
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 12:51:03 am »
Does anyone know how Connie is doing and if she had her CK treatments? She PM'd me over 3 weeks ago but I've not been on the forum for awhile due to an extremely heavy work schedule. I feel bad that I didn't get her message before her treatment dates.

Tumbleweed
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08