Author Topic: Prayers for my sister  (Read 9614 times)

BigSister

Re: Prayers for my sister
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 09:14:53 pm »
This is SueBoo's Big Sister.  I had my annual review at the University of Penn this past Thursday.  I was diagnosed in May 2008 with a 2cm neuroma and have been watch and wait since then.  This year's MRI showed no change in the tumor.  My hearing has degraded slightly, but is still pretty good.  So unless I have any new symptoms pop up during the coming year, I will return to Philadelphia next August for another review.
Thanks to everyone for your prayers and positive thoughts.  Now we will see what my sister's doctor has to say at her next visit this winter.
BigSister

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 01:48:50 pm »
April ~

I'm delighted to learn that prayers were answered and that your recent MRI showed no tumor growth.  Congratulations! 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

LisaP

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 04:57:40 pm »
Congrats on "no growth" and I like you are W&W. 

Best wishes,

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Mickey

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 04:13:28 pm »
No matter what you do to help a situation prayer is the most important ingrediant. Its the only thing the can work all by itself if god wants it to. Congrats on the results! Keep the faith, Mickey

wendysig

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 12:26:14 am »
Hi BigSister,

Sorry to be coming to this post so late, but I haven't been active on he forum for a while.  I'm glad to hear your MRI showed that your AN remains unchanged.  Congratulations.

Please accept my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father.  Very sad indeed.

Best,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 04:18:58 am »
sending those continued "wellness wishes" and hugglez! We like good reports!  Hang in there!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

suboo73

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 03:55:36 am »
Hi Wendy & Phyl,

Wendy - i haven't been on the Forum as much these days, so no worries. 
What i do know is that so many folks, like yourself, are here in spirit!
Thank you for your kind words regarding my father. 
He was a very special person, and i hope, as one friend suggests, he lives on through his family, his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
[In Oct., i will have the privilege of taking my mom to Denver to see the youngest great-grandchild - i know she will enjoy this very much.]

Phyl - I love the hugglez - one can never have too many!

Thank you all, for caring so much.

Sincerely,
Sue

suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W