Author Topic: 2 year mri ...whats this mean??  (Read 2134 times)

cin605

2 year mri ...whats this mean??
« on: September 08, 2010, 01:23:58 pm »
Just got report from 2 year mri.......stable appearence of mild expansion of inner ear canal.....there is an enhancement inright IAC and right cerebelellar pontine angle cistern stable in its distribution and extent o prior examnaton of 6/15/09.
Any one kno...is this normal post op mri
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

LisaP

Re: 2 year mri ...whats this mean??
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 01:33:23 pm »
Hi,

It sounds like a Doctor did not read the results to you.  Please call your doctor to get a straight answer, only he or she can tell you.  I hope it is good news, my next MRI is in Oct in Boston and I need to have good news with no growth.  The same thing happened to me with my first MRI, the tech gave me the report and I took it home and tried to read the results, it was hard and very stressful.

Good luck

Best Wishes,

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 02:55:53 pm »
Cindy ~

I'm not a doctor and can't offer you a definitive analysis of your MRI scan report but I suspect that it means the remaining tumor is 'stable', meaning no growth.  I strongly suggest that you contact your doctor for a more authoritative and comprehensive explanation. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cin605

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 04:20:09 pm »
The thing that baffles me is they said there was no remaining tumor,and a teeny tiny spot of scar tissue ..then i got this report in the mail.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 09:19:05 am »
I too have the same problem you have but this was after my 1 yr. MRI .. I was advised that my tumor was completely gone now to make a long story short I found out by accident that they knew that there was some residual at my 3 month MRI and now of course the 1 yr.  When I approached both surgeons they are stating that it is stable, if there is no blood supply to it it will die, or if it grows they will zap it with radiation ???  I am still in shock and now just waiting for October for another MRI to see if it has grown and decide what to do from there..

So sorry that you are going through this too if you would like to PM me please do...

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.