Author Topic: New movement!!!- weeks away from the 3 year post op date...  (Read 9537 times)

swhite

Re: New movement!!!- weeks away from the 3 year post op date...
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 05:45:49 pm »
This is so hopeful. Thanks for sharing.  I haven't been on ANA forum in such a long time and am now 14-months post-op.....I need to get back at it....I can see what I'm missing.  I, too, have absolutely no forehead movement on my AN side and told it would not likely return.  I'm going to start pulling on my hair!  I've always been a candidate for a forehead lift because I have such droopy lids to begin with, but now being an AN patient and no movement in my brow, it's getting in the way and always feels like something is in my eye.  Has anyone else had a forehead lift?  I'm battling with the insurance company so it would be covered....surgery is Oct 1 if it's covered.  If it's not covered, I'll guess I'll pull my hair more! God Bless all.
Retrosigmoid 8/27/09 undiagnosed and suddenly; no symptoms prior; approx. 4cmx2cmx2cm; right-side, facial paralysis/weakness, SSD and tinnitus. Baha surgery 11/9/10.
Gamma Knife 8/11/14 at UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford after regrowth detected June 2014

Cheryl R

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 07:14:04 pm »
I also have no forehead movement and have the poochy eyelid.     I saw an oculopolastic surgeon in May and was told that it was the forehead causing the eyelid and would be a forehead lift and would be considered cosmetic.     I have not gone on to battle with the ins as am not really sure who I might want to fix it.     I was not happy with how this dr acted but he may be the best experienced.       I was found to have visual impairment that day so do wonder how that is cosmetic!     I need to do more about this.      I hope your will be covered and you can go ahead with it!       Good luck!                 Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 01:58:41 pm »
WooHoo!!  Just saw this post and wanted to send you a big "Atta-girl!"  My own forehead is still stubbornly resisting my attempts to move it, but I remain optimistic.  I just cam back from my second visit with Jackie Diels and she also said that it is definitely NOT too late for movement to return.  So glad that you are living proof of this!  Hugs to you.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

AROBTEK

• Annette (arobtek)
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 07:31:57 pm »
Wow, what wonderful news.  I also am coming up on my 3yr. anniversary.  The only movement I have is an annoying twitch that makes me look like I'm snarling at folks!  Bet you never thought you would be glad to see a wrinkle on your forehead!  javascript:void(0);

Annette
2.6 cm AN L side
Diagnosed 12/10/07
Surgery date: 1/24/08
Dr. Doug Mattox & Dr. Jeff Olson
Emory University Hosp. - Atlanta

swhite

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 06:17:26 pm »
Thanks for your encouragement!  After seeing two ocuplastic surgeons (one I liked and one I didn't); I've given up on any facial surgery for now since the insurance company won't cover it and one of the ocuplastics actually told me it may be too early and could expose my cornea.  I don't want to risk anything happening to my eye since I was just releaved of taping at night every night about two months ago.  Yeah!  I am pursuing the Baha implant and have surgery planned Nov 8th and hoping it works for me.  I hope to meet some of you in Cinncinati next summer! Wish me luck. God Bless.
Retrosigmoid 8/27/09 undiagnosed and suddenly; no symptoms prior; approx. 4cmx2cmx2cm; right-side, facial paralysis/weakness, SSD and tinnitus. Baha surgery 11/9/10.
Gamma Knife 8/11/14 at UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford after regrowth detected June 2014