Author Topic: Twitching/Shocks  (Read 4697 times)

steph28

Twitching/Shocks
« on: July 15, 2010, 08:29:46 am »
Hi all

I hope you are all well!!

Just a quick question.

My surgery was 7 months ago. Which was Restrosigmoid. The AN was huge, but I had good hearing so the Dr's wontted to try and save it. I lost my hearing, which has been replaced with tinnitus which is 24/7. I also have facial paralysis down my right hand side. Very little movement, but I do get Shocks around my right eye, and around my mouth it feels heavy, which might be a wrong way to discrube it, but that's the only way I can describe it. Has anyone else experience this. Is it something that will continue to happen.

Anyway I'll stop going on.

Take care everyone!!

Steph

tenai98

Re: Twitching/Shocks
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 08:45:27 am »
I always get those little shocks...best way for me to describe it is like putting your tongue on a 9V batteries (like we did as kids)...I get them around the mouth and eye and cheek area...All normal I believe in nerve recovery.
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 04:24:29 pm »
Hi Steph:  since I never got those feelings/shocks, & I have total facial paralysis right side,  I can only believe this is a GREAT SIGN !!!!
Always good thoughts to you for movement down the line,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 03:34:14 pm »
i hope thats true, i still get this 3.5 years post op
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

Kaybee

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 05:03:37 pm »
Steph, I got a lot of shocks and tingling in the first few months.  Then some twitching that was not visible..but I could feel it.  I got my first movement back at almost 6 months post op and it continues to improve.  I continue to get tingling and twitching and it's usually a precursor to some new movement.  So I would definitely take it as a sign of nerve recovery.  Best wishes!
2 x 3 x 4 cm tumor removed at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis 10/30/09
Left facial paralyis/SSD (showed first signs of improvement at approximately 6 months post-op)

martyc

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 09:46:22 pm »
Hi Steph,
I had a similar experience and have found that the movement, shocks, pain in my paralyzed side preceded new movement.  Even over 2 years later I have my smile freeze into a frown at times but it seems to be progress as there is movement elsewhere.  It's amazing how this facial nerve regenerates!
Hope yours is on it's way to recovery.
Take care,
Marty
Marty

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 12:14:30 am »
YUP that old "9volt on the tongue" shocking continues  ( and the twitching)in various area's of my face/eye and I'm almost 20 years post-op....you'll learn to ignore it in time!
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

Survival Nate

• TravAddic
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 11:19:20 pm »
Yea I hate when Im talking to some one and out of so where I get a feeling of a strong shock in my tongue. but still get them a couple times a week.

I get those looks from customers "is he tweaking?" LOL 
at age 21yo
AN 5.05cm removed Feb 2005
Gamma Knifed July 2005
at age 31yo
AN regrowth @ 1.5cm - 2014
Pituitary Gland tumor 2mm
https://www.travaddic.com/

Angel894

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 07:41:50 pm »
This sounds odd, but I love those shocks.  In any affected area.  In most cases it means something is coming back!  Seriously, the first several months after surgery, people would laugh at me.  "Oww!  That hurt!  YES!!!"  Sometimes it is a couple of months and several shocks later before I notice anything and sometimes it is gradual...but hey!
AN reduction March 17, 2009.  80% of a 6.4x7.6 cm  monster removed.  Remaining tumor has since shrunk leaving only slight residual tumor behind being monitored by now yearly MRIs.  Had my eye re-opened & the lids reconstructed in November of '10 & fighting to keep my life as normal as I can