Author Topic: Welcome to Houston, Kaybo!  (Read 4897 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: Welcome to Houston, Kaybo!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 08:06:00 am »
Priscilla,

Hmm  :-\  I think you forgot to mention the Louisiana BP tar balls rolling in on the beach -there in Houston.  ;)  ;D

NO really Kaybo I have a very dear friend who LOVES living in Houston  :) …in the winter months  :D … but spends his summers in the Pacific Northwest. 8)

Hmmm I’m thinking for our dreary wet damp spring break I should bring my kids down to your place … and during your hot summers you can bring your kids up to my place. The summers in Oregon are so wonderful… being that we have two season- wet and dry. But truth is I am not happy here from November to March as it is so overcast and dreary…. Who knows maybe I will show up at your doorstop – that time next year? (Tease) ;)  ;D

Houston is not just a 10-gallon-hat  & glass-oil-towered, metropolis… it is actually very rich in culture- not to mention has some great universities (Rice comes to mind).  You will come to discover the city offers some amazing opportunities for your kids.

Once you are done with cardboard boxes, and packaging tape, be sure to get out and enjoy the culture Houston has to offer. Know there is a whole slew of Canadians living there too… (Got to love those Canadians!)

Here is one of my very favorite people (musician and professor), on the planet, that lives there in Houston. If he ever plays in concert be sure to go….

http://www.jonkimuraparker.com/?page_id=19

His next concert in Houston is Dec 3… amazing talent…

The Houston Ballet  understand is pretty awesome too.  8)
http://www.houstonballet.org/

Truth is many people do not realize that Houston is very rich in arts and culture. (There are also some good schools there for kids too…)

Hmmm before you know it we will be reading about that famous Houston based Kaybo photography studio…

Focus on getting the house just as you like it NOW so when the temp & humidity drops  (and it will) you can get out and sightsee through your amazing eye of a camera lens … and then share some of those pics with us.

I want to wish you all the best in your new home and town! New beginnings  8) … how exciting! :)

DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 09:02:19 am »
I think we can work something out here...when any of us Houston forumites get overwhelmed by any of the big 3H, we escape to Oregon.  And when the Oregon people are tired of dreary and wet. they can come and bask in our winter sunshine!  ;) Although, I have to tell you that last winter was straight from the NW.  It was consistently 50's and rainy ALL winter long.  That was such a contrast to our usual mild, sunny winters that attract so many "snowbirds." 

My dad had family in Oregon--Coos Bay and Roseburg-- and driving up the Oregon coast is one of my very most favorite things to do.

Houston does have many wonderful attractions, and I have loved my time here.  The beach is an hour away, and I can flee to the Hill Country when I am weary of the flat landscape around Houston.  Not a bad deal!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 10:52:20 am »

We are at my MIL's now in Piney Point (in the Memorial area). Addi & I just went for a walk - she said all it did for her was make her sweat!! Walked by Roger Clement's house & didn't even know it until we got back & MIL told me!  :o. Somehow we got away w/ no books for Emee so heading to library now. I calked & figured out how I could get a card since I don't have anything w/ this address printed on it for me. There's a nice branch just a couple of blocks away here and then when we get to our house, the biggest Ft. Bend library is in our neighborhood!  I'm in heaven!
Definitely love all the arts but very excited about the sports teams too!! Grandad is a season ticket holder for the Astros & Rockets! 

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!