Author Topic: Headaches on neurontin ... help with lyrica ..I hope  (Read 28041 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Headaches on neurontin ... help with lyrica ..I hope
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2010, 10:24:29 am »
Mei Mei,

I agree with Phyl, deep breathing is crucial because when in pain we all have a tendency to breath sallowly.  I also find I need to use heat at the back of my head and along my face and cold across my forehead. 

I struggle daily with headaches and facial pain.  Today isn't too great, but I can function around the house, I think!  I may need a nap and so be it.  I feel for you Mei Mei because the pain that we feel is difficult to treat.  I can't offer you anymore advice because of my struggles continue also. 

Hang in there my friend,
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Mei Mei

Re: Headaches on neurontin ... help with lyrica ..I hope
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2010, 06:53:40 pm »
Thanks for the support and advice Anne Marie.   I called my surgeon today for a referral to a pain clinic and they gave me the number of the Hopkins Headache Clinic.  I now have an appt for next Thursday.

I use heat when I first wake up in the morning and ice on my forehead and neck when the pain is really bad.   Sometimes it is so bad I can't take the ice and I just lay there and take Tylenol in addition to the Alleve.

Will do the deep breaths and think you you all on the Forum.

Hugs,
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh