Author Topic: Can't I get a @#%$ing BREAK!!!!  (Read 48395 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: Can't I get a @#%$ing BREAK!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 07:00:45 pm »
Excellent, Captain. Twill be smooth sailing from here out, I'll wager.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 08:15:31 pm »
Ah Captain,

When i read the subject line, I was dreading reading your post. This was then confirmed with your second post but on the third, i was more relieved.

Deb, you have given so much help, encouragement and humour to this forum, that its about time, you had some good fortune come your way. early days, but seems like you have found a quack that is interested in your health rather than your wallet (rare these days) and thats a great start.

Deb, I don't pray but I will put in a request to any superior being that may be out there (Klingon, Vulcan etc) to cast their EMH (Emergency Medical Hologram) down to you with treatements that will work to help your ailments.

Laz
XXXXX
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 02:17:11 pm »
Well, I heard from Leanne, my new Primary, and my thyroid is fine, which is a relief.  But I am making an appointment with my ENT anyway because this lump is bothering me.  She says I am suffering from severe anxiety from having chronic pain for so many years, especially this past one and probably PTSD from going through all the health issues in the past year.  At least this crisis has lead me to a new doc, who doesn't seem to be more concerned with billing Medicare than with my health. She is putting me on Zoloft.

I woke up with a migraine so I need to quit typing!  Thanks to all of you for your support--your kind words mean more to me than you will ever know!

Hugs,

Capt Deb

(like my graphic?  I built her!)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 02:41:20 pm »
I'll raise some grog to Dr. Leanne.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

moe

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 05:35:15 pm »
Zoloft is good. It usually kicks in pretty quick (spoken from experience :D) Max dose is 200 mg/day, so if they start you on 50 mg/day, let's say, you have room to increase the dosage. I had to keep increasing the dosage when I started on it, which was actually eons ago, before the AN for PMS stuff and going crazy withe the little ones at the time.It helped tremendously! I'm thinking I'll just stay on it until I get through menopause ;)
 It that doesn't work, something else will. Glad your thyroid is OK, but yea, get to your ENT ;)
Hope your migraine went away...
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Lizard

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 09:11:18 pm »
Do like your brain wreck pirate...fantastic, argh.  Funny little thought too, are you on facebook?  If so you should scroll to the bottom of the page and you can change the language to pirate...it is amazing!  Everything you read and write is in pirate speak...
hee hee sorry for the mini hijack
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 08:19:12 am »
Deb .....

Love the brainwreck graphic ...... good to see you doing these fun things for all of us.  And, so glad you have found a sympathetic PCP.  She sounds wonderful!

My phone rang a few minutes ago and it was our wonderful PCP.  Basically she was just calling to check on both of us ..... sure takes the pressure off of us having to always be in charge of whether we need treatment or not.  She treats us like we are intelligent, human beings with needs beyond the physical aspects.  It sounds like you have found the same with your new doc.

Let us know what the ENT says and how you do with the Zoloft.

Much love, Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 08:46:43 am »
Do like your brain wreck pirate...fantastic, argh.  Funny little thought too, are you on facebook?  If so you should scroll to the bottom of the page and you can change the language to pirate...it is amazing!  Everything you read and write is in pirate speak...
hee hee sorry for the mini hijack

Wot kinda pirate wench would I be if my facebook din't be talkin' pirate? It was the first thing I plundered!

Now, back to the topic! AAAARRRRR!!!! And bring on the Happy Pills!!!!  Happy Pills all 'round!!!!

Capt Deb
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:49:04 am by Captain Deb »

moe

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 11:14:18 am »
Ok I recently joined FB and don't think you are my friend! But you are going to be, can't wait to see the pirate talk.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

k92girl

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 11:22:17 am »
Hey Moe!
LOL! I  was going to ask you if you are on FB!!! Will send you a friend request but need your full name. I will send you mine in an email.
Be blessed :)

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 01:24:41 pm »
You listed many issues that lead me to wondering if they started more AFTER your hysterectomy?   That is something that can throw your body of and your thyroid, big time...even if one is over 50!!!!   Doctors tend to prescribe anti depressants/anti anxiety meds and never test hormones to see if that may be a culprit.   

Have you ever seen a therapist?   I started shortly after my surgery and SSD and feel it has been great.   A good one usually has tips or tools to offer that can help in addition to medicines for stuff too!    Hopefully Zoloft will help!   I know plenty of people who have taken that one and DO call it the "Happy Pill"   ;)

Take care!
Denise
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 11:48:54 am »
Leanne thought that the back prob was triggered by the hysterectomy--possibly the position I was in during the 2 1/2 hr surgery, which was the same length of time as my AN surgery.  She also recommended seeing a chiropractor, something no doc has ever recommended.  We have so many chiropractors up here--I went to one who all he did was thump on me with a little metal tool--thought he was a complete quack.  I'm going to let her pick one for me. 

Right now I am a wreck--the past two days my back has been howling and I woke up with a migraine on Tues and then got whacked really suddenly about 5:00 PM yesterday with one of the worst ones I have had in a year. Imitrex didn't touch it.   I think they feed off of each other, the back and the head pain.

Thanks for all your support--I love you guys!

Capt Deb

Kaybo

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 04:05:06 pm »
Tbhe chiro that I have gone to in the past uses one of those little thumper things - BOY, I was surprised to find out how much they do work!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

jennifer7

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2010, 06:49:44 pm »
Hi Deb
I've been going to a chiro for a couple of months, she uses one of the clicky things and its helping.  I was holding my head really crooked and now I'm not which I think is helping my headaches.  My neck muscles are not as tight either.  Hope you find some relief too  :D
Jennifer

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 08:31:41 pm »
Hi Deb,

I thought Chiro's were more useful for pulling and tweaking muscles and bones and stuff. Maybe you need an MRI or xray on your back just to see if there isn't something else happenning there. I get muscle spasms a lot and use a cream called Annika or there is one called Anti Flamme (Kiwi version). Both work like anti inflamatory creams but are natural so they don't get into the blood stream and hence the stomach. the main pain relief ingredient is actually called Annika.

Its not a cure but a relief. the cream is available at chemists and probably is called something different in the U.s but worth a try.

Take care Deb

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz