Author Topic: this year's MRI is CLEAR!  (Read 3892 times)

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
this year's MRI is CLEAR!
« on: April 25, 2010, 02:20:30 pm »
Hey all!

Hope you have not forgotten me! I am live and kicking and studying and working and having no time for sleep!

I have not forgotten anyone of you! You are such great people that I admire!

I want to share with you my news! I had my annual follow up MRI check and it turned out to be clear! I am sooo happy for that!

Thank you for forwarding people to me. Talked to Azra, a girl from Bosna and Herzegovina, whose brother had complications after a surgery in Bosna. I helped her in her way of choosing a better place abroad and they ended up in INI Hannover. He is all right now!

I am here from whom ever needs me! Just better PM me because for the time being I am not spending time on the blog. Promise to change that soon!

Best wishes to all of you!!

hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

Kaybo

Re: this year's MRI is CLEAR!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 03:22:48 pm »
Hrissy~ 
That is GREAT news! So excited for you!!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 03:35:26 pm »
Hrissy ~

Thanks for sharing the fabulous news!  Congratulations!  :)  You've not been forgotten - and we look forward to seeing more of your messages, as your time & schedule permit. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 06:35:47 pm »
Hrissy -

like many others here, I have not forgotten you and I'm ecstatic that your MRI was clean.

Congratulations!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:11:33 pm »
I haven't forgotten you - you better come visit me some day!!!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 11:42:24 am »
Hey Hrissy!  Glad to hear things are going well for you and that your MRI was clean this year.  That's great news!

Congrats!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

hruss

• young and cheerful!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 01:36:16 pm »
Thank you all for the congratulations!

I am glad to hear I am not forgotten! Promise to join this communitysoon!!

Best wishes,
hrissy
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.

mk

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 05:24:05 pm »
Hi Hrissy,

it is good to hear from you, and even better that you are doing so well.

All the best,
Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

hruss

• young and cheerful!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 12:24:12 pm »
thank you, mariana! how are you?
hrissy

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 12:45:19 pm »
Hey Hrissy -  You already know that I am celebrating for/with you!  Such great news!!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

hruss

• young and cheerful!
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 01:15:27 pm »
I am sure, Deb! Sipping from my cherry brendie right now and cheering to both of us!!

hrissy

morena_azra

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 02:30:47 am »
Indeed, and thank God I found you, Hrissy!

My brother's had a few CT scanns done since his February surgery at INI Hannover and CTs showed no sign of tumor remains (all of the tumor was taken out through retro-sigmond approach).

His first 6-month post op MRI is scheduled for late August so I'll let everybody know what the results are.

We recently got the discharge letter from the hospital in which they described how they went about the surgery and it said that his facial nerve was spread around the AN tumor like an umbrella and it took Dr Samii Sr a long time to manage to untagle it. And he did manage while at the same time preserving the nerve. My brother's facial nerve has nearly completely recovered now, he can't close the eye maybe only 5% now, which is not bad at all, considering all he'd gone through (and apparently, according to INI's report, his tumor was size T4b, which according to INI's classifications, is the biggest - 5cm plus plus he'd had loads of scar tissue from his initial unsuccessful surgery in Bosnia, 3 months prior).

We were very lucky to come across this site and to be put in contact with you Hrissy, what you told me about INI made us confident to go there and boy, ain't we happy about that now! :-)))

Rgds and thanks again!

Azra & Edin
My brother'a AN was 3.9cm at diagnosis Sept 09; 3.5cm after a suboccipital retrosigmond, done in Tuzla, Bosnia in Oct 09; second surgery performed at INI Hannover Feb 2010, tumor classed as T4b (the largest: 5cm plus). All tumor was taken out by Dr Samii Sr, facial nerve preserved (mild paresis),SSD

hruss

• young and cheerful!
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 03:30:36 am »
Azra, I am glad to hear from you too!! I am so happy for Edin! I have him in my skype list but haven't chatted with him because I am competing with time day and night. Three more weeks - the count down started!

will talk to you more soon!!

Hugs!!

Lizard

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 11:14:16 am »
I hadn't discovered the site when you were on here last, but its always great to get good news.  Thanks for the smile  :)
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 12:52:26 pm »
Azra -

great to hear an update about Edin.  I was wondering how he was doing.

Thanks so much,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways