Author Topic: CK after one year  (Read 2630 times)

aecom

CK after one year
« on: May 20, 2010, 01:59:19 pm »
Dear CK fellows,

I did CK radiosurgery on my right ear AN (1.9X2.9X2.1 cm) with Dr. Chang at Stanford last June. Today I got back the one-year followup MRI results which concluded "No appreciable change in a right vestibular schwannoma" when comparing to those of half-year and pre-treatment. I am wondering whether folks have similar results. My biggest problem is headache/pressure around the right AN ear besides less troublesome ear ringing. I appreciate any comments you might have.

Thanks,
aecom

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: CK after one year
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 04:56:19 am »
MAJOR congrats on a terrific update! Sending wellness wishes to you for continued wellness success!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: CK after one year
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 12:11:20 pm »
Aecom ~

"No appreciable change..." means the CK halted the tumor's growth, which is the primary goal.  Congratulations!  The pressure/ringing is problematic but not uncommon as the tumor reacts to the radiation by swelling.  This should be temporary - but ask your doctor for a specific, medical opinion.  Meanwhile, thanks for the positive one-year update.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.