Author Topic: Yea! Yea! Yea!......It's off to House we go....I Hope.....  (Read 6453 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Yea! Yea! Yea!......It's off to House we go....I Hope.....
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 07:41:23 pm »
Hey Danny
I am a patient of Dr. Rick also.  Once you get your appointment set, House will send you an info packet with all very detailed information on your surgery.  The balance nerve is always severed with middle fossa surgery and depending if you have any balance issues now, you will have a certain degree of balance issues post-surgery.  Folk with smaller tumors tend to have a tougher time of it. Be prepared to spend some time in physical therapy when you get out of the hospital--it does take a couple years to fully compensate.  I'm 3 years post-op and I have balance issues, particularly when I'm tired or in the dark. I went to see King Kong and practically had to crawl out of the theater! It has gotten a lot better with a lot of work.

Good Luck and keep us posted .
Captain Deb 
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Tina Hager

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 08:43:03 pm »
  Hi Danny,
               I just wanted to let you know I had the translab surgery on the 13th of Feb. I had Dr. Friedman and Dr. Hitselberger. I had such a great outcome.  No balance issues or facial paralysis. In fact I feel the greatest I have ever felt! I own my own business here in southern california. I was back to my 60 hour work week in 3 weeks! I am now going on a surfing trip to Costa Rica. You are in the best of hands. They are so wonderful there!
                                           Tina Hager

LID

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 09:11:17 am »
Just want to let you know- I had translab surgery @ House (Brackmann and Schwartz) on April 4. I had previously lost hearing and balance on the affected sie due to radiation  so this has not been an issue for me. I felt really quite good after surgery but when the steroids wore off a week and 1/2 later, I crashed. Lots of neck and jaw pain. However, it has subsided. I did have some facial
nerve problems but they are already improving. (dry eye and mouth droop) I have just begun to drive a bit and am still very fatigued.
FSR Radiation @ JHU May 2000
2.1 cm removal  with BAHA inplant April 4 2006
Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz

LID

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 09:14:34 am »
Just want to let you know- I had translab surgery @ House (Brackmann and Schwartz) on April 4. I had previously lost hearing and balance on the affected sie due to radiation  so this has not been an issue for me. I felt really quite good after surgery but when the steroids wore off a week and 1/2 later, I crashed. Lots of neck and jaw pain. However, it has subsided. I did have some facial
nerve problems but they are already improving. (dry eye and mouth droop) I have just begun to drive a bit and am still very fatigued.
My energy level is quite low but otherwise am doing well.
I hope that all goes well with you.

Lynn D
FSR Radiation @ JHU May 2000
2.1 cm removal  with BAHA inplant April 4 2006
Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz

Desilu

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006, 05:58:45 pm »
Hi Danny,

Glad to know that you have made a decision and are moving forward. Remember, everyone is different and everyone heals at a different rate. Each AN is different for each person. Your story will be unique from everyone on this forum. I was very fortunate (Blessed) that I did not have a lot of problems that many others have experienced. My tumor was small also, and I retained 90% of my hearing with Middle Fossa approach. I have never suffered from headaches. I had a few issues with balance and dry eye but it was only temporary and I was back to work in 8 weeks and did not suffer from fatigue like some people. I am very please with my decision to go to HEI for surgery. St. Vincents Hosptial has an entire floor reserved for AN patients only. The nurses were really super. If you have any questions, please send me a personal email, I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2006, 12:20:03 pm »
Yea! Yea! Yea! to you too!
Give my regards to the docs and wonderful wonderful nurses there, and to the cafeteria chef who makes the worlds best mashed potatoes!!!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW