Author Topic: Balance?  (Read 2733 times)

Steve114

Balance?
« on: July 05, 2010, 07:36:17 pm »
I was diagnosed about 1 1 /2 years ago. Good news is that tumor is small ( 2 mm) and stable.
However, expectation was that my brain would adjust and what I experienced as somewhat impaired balance would improve. While essentially stable, no improvement.

I would be interested in your experience. Has your balance improved over time? Any suggestions? I have read about "vestibular therapists"- anyone have a good experience with one?

Thank You

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Balance?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 07:32:52 am »
Steve -

my body learned to compensate for my balance issue, but that was post-op.

My doc gave me vestibular exercises to do both before and after my surgery and I found them very helpful.

I know you haven't had treatment yet, but if you'd like a copy of the exercises, please PM me your email address and I'll email you a copy.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Mickey

Re: Balance?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 08:58:38 am »
Hi Steve! A 2mm AN is just barely noticeable, real tiny. You also say stable which really seems to indicate that you have the time to investiigate on so many options. With time on your side now it makes sense to do as much research to correct any problems without having to do much other than try. My AN is a stable 1cm which is considered small but 5x as large as yours. I`ve W+W for 3 years now following a good healthful lifestyle which definately includes things which test my balance like raquetball, golf, walking trails, and I for sure feel better. Stay positive whatever you decide everything will be OK! Best wishes, Mickey