Author Topic: MRI today  (Read 3690 times)

JimmyD

• Don't sweat the small stuff
MRI today
« on: May 03, 2010, 12:06:13 pm »
I just wanted to introduce myself I am Jim D'Amore of Clarksburg NJ.
I am new to this site but not new to AN's(11 year's)
Allot of usefull information here,will take me some time to absorb it.
Just had a follow up MRI today to monitor my AN's status.They had a new (to me) "Big Bore 3.0" machine.
More comfortable and twice as powerfull.I will get the result's Wed.and will update report.
Thanks
Glioma Tumor left optic nerve 1960,RS AN 2.2CM FSR 5 treatments @JHH by Dr Williams in 1999 & LS AN 2.6CM 30 treatments 2007 by Dr Brian Chon@Centra State,NJ.Blind in L.eye,deaf in R.ear.Test for NF2 came back negative.Doing OK.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: MRI today
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 02:40:59 pm »
Welcome, Jim, to this forum .....

As you said and I read in your signature, you are well-acquainted with the world of nerve tumors!  Tell us a little bit more about your journey and how you are coping with all of this.  It might help others traveling a similar road.

Not sure what a big bore 3.0 MRI machine is ..... hopefully it will show a stable situation for you.  Glad it was more comfortable.

Best thoughts.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Lizard

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 08:37:06 pm »
Yes please keep us posted!
liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

JimmyD

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 10:12:19 pm »
I am sorry,the Big Bore 3.0 is a new MRI machine with a larger opening and twice the power.
Not much to tell about myself.When I was 5 they found a Glioma tumor on the left optic nerve which they removed along with the eye.
I pretty much led a normal life up until 1999 when I started get vertigo .All my Dr's were treating me for sinuses until I went to a new one and he recommended a cat scan.After that he wanted an MRI and that is when he found the bilateral AN's.
I get by pretty good,I can still drive and do just about anything.There are day's when I am fatigued,headaches or off balance so I will take a nap or relax and start all over again.I just wish I knew what was causing these nerve tumors.
Jim
Glioma Tumor left optic nerve 1960,RS AN 2.2CM FSR 5 treatments @JHH by Dr Williams in 1999 & LS AN 2.6CM 30 treatments 2007 by Dr Brian Chon@Centra State,NJ.Blind in L.eye,deaf in R.ear.Test for NF2 came back negative.Doing OK.

sgerrard

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 10:15:02 pm »
Hi Jim,

I too would like to welcome you to the forum. You are apparently more of an expert on tumors than any of us want to be. Do you have balance issues? Just curious why you chose to post under that heading. The 3.0 part of the MRI machine might mean it is a 3 Tesla machine, capable of higher resolution MRIs. I'm looking forward to hearing what your report has to say, and certainly hoping it is nothing but good news.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

JimmyD

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 10:00:27 am »
Balance issues?You bet.Usually they were mostly in the dark or in a large building or store but now I am having them all the time.
I am hoping it is just sinus pressure.I get my results tomorrow morning and see my Neurologist Thursday afternoon.Will update.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 01:41:21 pm »
Jim ~

Welcome from another Jim.  I'm glad you discovered the ANA site/forums and of course, I hope the MRI results are in your favor. We await your update.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.