Author Topic: Is the cure worse than the condition?  (Read 40675 times)

feline

Re: Is the cure worse than the condition?
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2016, 06:05:21 am »
I agree with the above, you either live with headaches and all or learn to live with the hand ur were dealt with, at least ur living. I also have eye problems, facial paralysis, etc-but I am alive.
Feline
Walnut size AN removed on June 30 2014 at Stanford with Dr Chang and Dr Blevins facial paralysis, no blink ,no hearing but otherwise feel good otherwise

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2016, 11:50:34 am »
Both my surgeries - AN and BAHA - were definitely better than not treating my AN and my SSD.

Neither are decisions that I regret.

Jan

Today, almost 10 years post op, my answer is still the same. 
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

andrea in slc

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2016, 08:48:26 pm »
I'm 8 years postop translab for a 2.7 x 2.5 cm left sided tumor. I am SO glad I had surgery. For me, the hell before definately got better. Yep, I'm deaf in that ear, balance nerve is gone, but walking our Golden Retriever every day sure helped with the balance. Even now 8 years later, I still have weird little facial twitches that show up on occasion. Well, that might be from the tumor regrowth but who knows?

I chose to radiate the sucker this time around, but if it decides to come back AGAIN, I will chose surgery again. It is challenging, some of the things to deal with afterwards, butfor me the outcome was psoitive and I liked know the sucker was out of my head (even tough it apparently liked it there so much it came back)!!!  ;D

ANSydney

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2017, 11:18:12 pm »
"there is no compelling evidence of the superiority of SRS [stereotactic radiosurgery] to microsurgical resection or even conservative management" http://appliedradiationoncology.com/articles/interdisciplinary-management-of-acoustic-neuromas