Author Topic: Power Balance bands  (Read 6277 times)

Kaybo

Power Balance bands
« on: October 02, 2009, 06:59:33 am »
Just FYI, Addi's basketball coach is a HUGE golfer and he (& his family) wear Power Balance bands.  At our game last week, he was showing one of the guys how it helped.  Mom was with me at practice last night and afterwards, we asked him and he showed us with all the girls and with a couple of parents.  Who knows if they really work, but we are going to give them a whirl.  I will try anything, but Mom really needs something - she had a VERY SEVERE case of Bells Palsey a few years ago (she missed 6 weeks of work and she NEVER misses work!).  I told her she just wanted to look like me!!  LOL!!  :D  Anyway, it REALLY did a number on her balance.  If you notice, a LOT of collegiate and pro athletes are wearing them.  It may be a whole lot of huey, but we are going to get some today.  I'll keep you posted!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Power Balance bands
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 07:22:49 am »
Kay ......

This is interesting.  I had never heard of this so did a little searching.  Came up with:  http://www.wizardsports.com/wrestling-equipment.html if anyone wants to check it out.

Kind of reminds me of copper bracelets that were all the rage a number of years ago.  Hey, as long as it doesn't break the bank and is safe, it sure would be worth a try.  Even if it is psychological (like my taking extra Vitamin C when I think I might be catching a cold  :-[), if it works, go for it!

Let us know if it works for you.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 07:27:57 am »
I was thinking that it all might be a little "placebo" but worth a try.  I also thought immediately of the copper bracelets and even asked the coaches wife if they were similar!  They are $29...I'll keep you posted!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 07:16:00 am »
Thanks for trying it out 1st Kay !   After falling over during my TV yoga class this morning,  I'd like to know if it works too !
(I watch Priscilla's Yoga stretches at 8:00am & 6:00pm EST on WLRN - she's great ! !   I also do Body Electric at 7:00am & 5:00pm ! - 2 great workouts !
& pretty easy,  & it's free on TV ! !).

Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 02:31:55 pm »
I haven't done yoga yet so I will let you know if I see any difference.  Just got back from volunteering at the Buddy Walk (Down syndrome awareness walk) all morning and 2 soccer games - I'm freezing!!  I do Exhale that I TiVo off of the Oxygen channel but should get to the gym Monday!

K   ;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Kaybo

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 09:33:30 am »
Hey Everyone!

I have been meaning to update this...I have worn this for a good while now & I can honestly say that since I have stopped to think about it, I DO think that my balance it better.  I don't have NEAR the mystery bruises all over me that I always have from running into stuff.  I still have balance issues when I am SUPER tired, but i don't seem to run into things quite as much.  It is not the miracle cure all, but it might be worth the $29 to try it for yourself.  I just wore it 24/7 so it got to where I didn't even realize I had it on so I know I was thinking about whether it worked or not!

K   ;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!