Author Topic: I thought I had good insurance....  (Read 13417 times)

Funnydream

• Texas in my room crying. Guys can't cry. DARN IT.
Re: I thought I had good insurance....
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 10:23:32 pm »
My wife canceled my insurance last dec and this march I started seeing doctors not knowing she had canceled it. So I have no idea what to do now, I do not have insurence, and even if I could , this would now be a pre exsisting condition. I have not told my wife I have it as I see no reason to .

I think I saw in a post that your a vet. Just use the VA. My father used the VA in LA for thyroid cancer and he come out great. Didn't cost him anything.

As far as the doctor bills. Just tell them. The doctors work for companies and its the companies you owe. So call those companies and work out a payment plan that you can afford. Like $50 a month. And see what they say.

As far as telling the wife. That's your call and your dog house out back.
Age 42, AN left, 2.8cm
left hearing gone, balance getting better.
16 hour Surgery 9-27-10 CSF leak fix 10-4-10 3 hours
Miracle I feel my left face and tongue again.
If we evolved from monkeys into humans? When do we stop being human and become something else? What would that something else be?

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: I thought I had good insurance....
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 10:15:19 am »
Gary -

so sorry to hear about your situation.  Most docs/hospitals will work with you on a payment plan, so don't hesitate to lay it on the line with them.  There may also be some state agencies in your area that can help you.  And last, but not least, if you are a veteran, check with the VA.  They can and will offer you medical services.

As for the wife, I can understand your reluctancy to tell her, (afterall it sounds like she didn't tell you about cancelling your insurance) but you know you have to - so the sooner the better.

Good luck,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways