Author Topic: Dr. Rick Friedman now at USC  (Read 16501 times)

Little_Bear

• Be extraordinary
Re: Dr. Rick Friedman now at USC
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 10:49:02 pm »
Yes, have to agree,  Dr. Friedman will promptly apply to your most recent medical records MRI, etc., forwarded to him with a treatment plan.  Take his opinion seriously, he's tops in his field!  D
Frankie   

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Dr. Rick Friedman now at USC
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 07:07:32 am »
Hi Rose .....

Sorry you have had to deal with regrowth now .....  Hoping and praying the cyberknife will stop the bugger in its tracks now!

Re:  Dr. Friedman and radiation.  I do not think he was ever against radiation.  In my opinion HEI, as a clinic, strongly feels that surgery is the way to go in treatment of acoustic neuromas.  I think it was a major factor in Dr. Friedman moving on to USC where there is a more open environment in treatment options.

Even back in early 2011, when I first consulted with him about my re-growing AN, he told me radiation would be an option for me.  However, when I told him about my history of massive doses of radium to my head as a kid, he agreed with me that a second surgery might be the better choice.  He left the decision up to me completely.  I chose surgery and have absolutely no regrets.

Best wishes for successful CK!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011