Author Topic: This Week 3/28 “2010” in the AN World  (Read 2546 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 3/28 “2010” in the AN World
« on: March 28, 2010, 11:18:08 am »
Hi Jacqui (kiwi), congratulations as a new Posties, although Don (Kiwi Don) was kind enough to update us on your surgery, it was great to see you posting.  We are glad you are now on the other side, and we hope things continue to improve.

Congratulations (Maxana), our newest Toastie Postie.  We hope all went well, and that the treatment was a success.

This Week:

Monday Mark (Mark _UK_73) is having GK treatment.

Tuesday Anne (jazzfunkanne) in the UK is having BAHA surgery.

Also on Tuesday, not on the calendar, Sue (sues1953) will be having various tests done, and will find out the results of the MRI she had done last week.

Friday Susan (skamper) is having retrosigmoid surgery.

We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers this week for successful and uncomplicated results/treatment/surgeries, and for speedy recoveries.

Last Wednesday Tara (TaraT) celebrated 1 year since her AN surgery.  Happy Anniversary Tara.

Happy Anniversary Thursday Anissa (anissa) as you, and Chris (vossman) celebrate 1 year since your AN surgery.

Happy Anniversary Phyl (ppearl214) on your 4 year CK treatment.  Your new photo looks great.  The piece you did on CyberKnife treatment was amazing, thank you.  For those that may have missed it, here’s the link.        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJJh3-j8eN4

We hope that those recovering will continue to see day-to-day improvements.

Have a great week everyone,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 3/28 “2010” in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 04:12:29 pm »
Thanks, Rich ~

Congratulations to our newest 'posties'!

My hopes and prayers for good results go out to Mark, Anne, and Susan on their respective procedures scheduled for this week.  I wish Sue well as she undergoes her tests and, of course, congratulations to Anissa, Tara, Chris and , (ta-da!) Phyl as they celebrate their respective 'anniversaries'. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 06:08:27 pm »
Best to all!
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 05:37:55 am »
Thanks Rich... for keeping us all updated and to all for the "congrats". Can't believe it's 4 years since CK....... and thanks for noting the video and my piccie. Still look like ick but, thank you!

For all those having some sort of treatment or follow up this week.... my wellness wishes to you all!

For those having ANniversaries.... well done!  Continued good health to you all!!!!!!!!!

Since this is also a holiday week for many, I send out holiday wishes to everyone that is enjoying.  May family and friends this week bring you happiness and good cheer!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Keri

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 05:01:27 pm »
i love your picture too, phyl!

happy ANniversaries to everyone. and best to all having treatment and who are recovering.

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

TaraT

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 12:42:21 pm »
Thanks Rich!  Happy Anniversary to everyone.  Prayers to those having treatment and tests this week.  Have a great holiday weekend!
1/7/09 2 cm AN diagnosed
3/24/09 Translab surgery
Dr. Chen and Dr. Aziz, AGH, Pittsburgh, PA
SSD right ear
Facial paralysis right side 3/6