Author Topic: Support Group Starting  (Read 6185 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Support Group Starting
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 07:45:23 am »
Wait a minute, did someone call Steve "quirky"  ???  :)

Lisa -

glad you have some people committed to attending your meeting.  Hope everything goes well.

Give us an update afterwards, will you?

Good luck,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

LisaP

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 01:56:23 pm »
Hi All,

The Greater Springfield Area of Massachusetts, had it's first support group meeting yesterday in Chicopee and all went well.
Thanks to Scarlett, Rich and Theresa for coming. Thanks to everyone on this forum for words of encouragement.  I hope to organize another meeting around June.  Thanks also to Phyl for everthing that you do.  See you at the luncheon.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 03:08:31 pm »
Lisa ~

Congratulations on a successful AN support group meeting and kudos to you for facilitating it!  I'll see you at the brunch on April 18th.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 05:40:56 am »
Lisa... you "rawked" it! :) Well done... tickled to hear that familiar faces attended and cheered you on! Welll done.... me knew you could do it!  MAJOR congratulations and thank you again for stepping up to the plate to be the new ANA Support group leader in W. MA!   Ya done good! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Lizard

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 07:47:23 am »
Hey I live over the border in CT, can you send me info so I can attend?
This would be great!
Talk to you soon,
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 08:33:16 am »
Hey I live over the border in CT, can you send me info so I can attend?
This would be great!
Talk to you soon,
Liz

Liz, you are certainly welcome... and to our brunch in Worcester next month (see this thread:  http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=11640.0).  We even have 2 of our Moderators, JoeF and Jim Scott, both from CT, attend the brunches... would love to have you join us as well.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Lizard

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 06:59:36 pm »
Thanks so much sounds great I will take a look and who knows I may be in for the next brunch...!  I will be great to actually meet some of you  ;D
Liz
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

LisaP

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 05:38:11 pm »
Liz,

Looking forward to meeting you at the brunch and maybe you can join us at our next support group.  More information to follow.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Lizard

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 06:15:43 pm »
Me too Lisa! Talk to you soon and see you at the brunch...

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

LisaP

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 02:13:54 pm »
Thanks everyone, it looks like our luncheon is growing along with my support group.

LisaP ;D
LisaP