Author Topic: Where Oh Where does the Question Go  (Read 5568 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: Where Oh Where does the Question Go
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 04:27:52 am »
all math aside ..

came in from day camp yesterday and get my mail ... letter from the neurologist that was assigned me after my original surgeon decided to write country music instead of being a surgeon  :o ...in my mail box I find a letter that said that if I had any questions about my surgery or subsequent treatment address it to him not the radiologist ... he requested in the future if I had questions that I make and appointment , come in and talk with him ... can't afford to talk to him at $215 a pop

and first off , I contacted his office first for the copies and was directed to a new phone number for radiologist office that did MRIs and wrote up the reports ... then only gasped and went further when I got the conflicting number that turned out to be nothing even though it was something ... I have came in and talked with him and got no answers ... he said according to reports he had read , the surgery was textbook and that there was no evidence that the headaches I have are surgery related  :o ...didn't have them before and have everyday since but it is not related ... that was when I decided that what ever pain control my PCP could give me was my option ...

so tripping along with my trusty PCP at my side ... I guess it is because we have a 13 year relationship and know each other in and outside the realm of doctor and patient , that he is the only doctor that has really taken my headaches seriously ... he has held my hair back from my face as I vomited in a trashcan when a wreck was in progress ...like I said he REALLY has gotten to know me ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Jackie

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 08:47:19 am »
Oh Soundy,

I am so sorry for your torment. I have heard that cliche before regarding the "textbook case". Does that relieve the doctor from having to deal with the after effects of a procedure?
Do they really think that they can send you on your way to deal with headaches or other after effects from surgery or any other procedure, while they go on to the next case, completely exonerating themselves from any further care? Do we need a patient advocacy board? Is it all about the almighty dollar???
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 09:49:47 pm »
I think considering all things my surgery went fairly well ... I am still here and thankful for that ... but it seemed from the letter like I was almost being accused of something ... I don't know if they think I would try to come back on the practice or hospital for damages( no plan on that unless I learn that there is a wrench or something that was left inside my head ) ... I think that I am entitled to my records on everything ... the surgeon sent most reports but not all to my PCP and when he didn't send the report he sent letters advising him on what was going on ... from the surgeon and the neuro I was turned over to I get the attitude that everything went well and is over and done with ... I am physically alot worse off now ( except for the part about no breathing anymore without surgery )  than I was before surgery ...

I think I have everything now and honestly do not think I will find anything that will help as far as the why of the headaches ... a friend suggested it was phantom pain like a person who has lost a leg has in a limb that is gone ... she said maybe I really had a ear ache  because my inner ear workings were cut off ...don't buy that but we had a few laughs ... we are kinda nutty sometimes and maybe a little weird ... and laughing is good as long as I have something to cure the "ear " aches I get if I laugh to hard
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery