Author Topic: Forum reaches 10,000 topics  (Read 2744 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Forum reaches 10,000 topics
« on: March 20, 2010, 01:16:40 pm »
For those of you who follow the stats: mellowrama's thread http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=12110.msg139808#new was the 10,000th topic on the forum

And wow - already at nearly 138,000 posts. We're going to get to 200,000 in no time.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Forum reaches 10,000 topics
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 01:35:34 pm »
Sara ~

Thanks for the heads-up on the thread & post count.  I rarely take notice of these numbers but they are worth noting.

I've always been pleased with the fact that these are active message boards with many members that engage on a daily basis.  I think that's impressive for a website that is aimed at those with a relatively rare medical condition (acoustic neuroma).  I'm also impressed by the eagerness so many of our members show toward helping, informing and supporting other AN patients, especially the often frightened and confused, newly diagnosed.  Many of our members are quite prolific and that will no doubt speed us toward the 200,000-post mark within the year.   I promise to do my part!  :D

Jim  
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:30:57 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Keri

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 10:22:03 pm »
wow, this is something i wouldn't have thought to pay attention to. i've been on some other forums when i've been dealing with other stuff (autism, basic training, military stuff, running, etc) and this is the best forum i've ever been on. some of the others are so BIG (not that we're not, it's just it's so well organized). anyway, too much info seems overwhelming. here i feel like i really know a lot of the people. those 10,000 topics are organized well so you know where to look for subjects. and people don't get into fights on here! some of these other forums, good GRIEF i can't believe how stupid and childish some of the conversations/fights/arguments get. i guess we're all super mature, or the moderators do a wonderful job of keeping these things under control!
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 10:28:24 pm »
Phyl snapping her whip every now and again helps too!   ;D

Congrats everyone on the milestone..

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 05:40:36 am »
Phyl snapping her whip every now and again helps too!   ;D

Congrats everyone on the milestone..

Regards,
Brian

LOL! :)  And I do a fine job at whip crackin', eh? :)

Ya know... at last year's symposium, when Amy Pack (the president of the ANA) did the opening remarks, she talked about the forums (before she made me and Steve stand up in recognition of the forums).... noting about how many posts... how many members... at that time, were active on the forums and how the forums have become such a key to those in the AN journey... and I couldn't have agreed more with her comments.  For so many to recognize and participate on the forums as a key info tool in their AN journey.... well, I'm honestly thrilled to see it.

So, to everyone that participates here... for as active as you all keep this forum..... for the mods that work endlessly in helping to keep decorum around here.... my moderator hat is tipped to all for a job well done! :)

Congrats to the ANA forums and to those here that have made it "home" in their AN journeys!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 06:58:04 am »
Just think...10,000 topics....topics ranging from the beginning ("Hello, I just found out I got a thing in my head called an acoustic neuroma...") to treatment options to hospitals/doctors...what questions to ask....what to bring with you to the hospital....insurance issues....post-op concerns such as facial paralysis, dry eyes, headaches, balance issues, CSF leaks...and then there are all the other posts which make us laugh (Remember the botox gone wrong? lol)  Yes, this forum is a living, breathing entity in its own right, and as long as people contribute like they have been, it will be around forever (or until a cure for AN is found...whichever comes first! :) 
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston