Author Topic: Moderators...I think we have a bot...  (Read 2085 times)

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
Moderators...I think we have a bot...
« on: March 22, 2010, 02:34:59 pm »
I received the following email to my ANA account (here on our duscussion board), can someone check on this member?  Thanks!

Gary

------------------------------------------------
I am interested in your nickname
« Sent to: GM on: March 18, 2010, 11:19:57 AM »     

Hi companion GM !
We are interested in your nick-name
I collect rare nicknames
Selection about your names http://mimosa.org.ua/GM

endisorc

Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Moderators...I think we have a bot...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 03:28:30 pm »
Gary ~

I checked it and my computer's excellent McAfee security system warned me that this website is 'unknown' and recommended not opening anything from it.  I didn't - and I deleted the file, immediately.

I suggest you do the same to the e-mail.  It may be innocuous, but why take chances with your computer's security for no good reason?  I don't.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 05:44:36 pm »
Never saw this message, but I have McAfee on my lap top and Norton on my desk top.

You may have to boot up your security.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 05:57:38 pm »
I just wanted to give you a heads up that I got this email here....on our ANA discussion forum...not on my home email...  Is this person an authorized user?   "endisorc"
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 06:45:01 pm »
Hey Gary

thanks for reporting this.  Will investigate the user as well.

FYI folks, anytime you all receive something like this, especially through the ANA Forum PM, pls send the moderators a PM, with the message attached (ie: you can either "forward" or do a copy/paste) so we can investigate for you.

Thanks again!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sgerrard

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:13:01 pm »
I Googled around a little bit, and found that endisorc did this little Personal Message trick on a couple of other forums too. It is definitely a link that leads to malware, so don't touch it.

The same website has also been used for a series of messages about leprechauns, of all things. Stay away from those too.

A big raspberry for endisorc:  :P

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.