Author Topic: This Week 3/14 “2010” in the AN World  (Read 2362 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 3/14 “2010” in the AN World
« on: March 14, 2010, 12:45:36 pm »
Marianna (Shunter59) we were delighted to read that your husband’s Gamma Knife treatment was as you put it, “It was a piece of cake from start to finish”.  That is great news, congratulations to you and to our newest Toastie Postie.

Congratulations Phyl (ppearl214) on the good news you received this week.  That your Chiari, and hearing have remained stable, and that the CK treatment of the AN is a “done deal”.   Great news :)

Yesterday Scarlett and I attended Lisa’s (LisaP) first support group meeting in Chicopee, MA.  It was the first official support group meeting that we had ever gone to, and we were glad that we did.  There were 12 of us.  We shared our stories, experiences, information, and “support”.  To be around others that understand, is a real comfort.  Thank you Lisa, you did great!

This Week:

Tuesday Jacqui (kiwi) is having translab surgery in Auckland New Zealand.  Jacqui we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers, and hope that the Magic Scarf keeps your spirits up for an uncomplicated surgery as well as a speedy recovery.

Also on Tuesday, (sunfish) is having Cyberknife Treatment at Roper Hospital Cancer Center in Charleston, S.C.  Good vibes your way for successful treatments this week.

Happy Birthday JB (joebloggs) on Friday, hope you have a great day!

Happy Anniversary Debbie (oHIo) as you celebrate your second year in PostieLand.

No, I did not forget Thursday.
Thursday my wife Scarlett (SML) will celebrate her 1 year anniversary as a Postie.
Happy Anniversary Dear, I don’t know what I would do without you!
This last year was scary to say the least.
As we always say “Together Forever, That’s The Plan”.  I Love You. Richie :-*

Thank you, our AN Family, for all of that you have given us over the last year.

Brighter days ahead,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: This Week 3/14 “2010” in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 01:42:55 pm »
Rich,

You are a sweetheart  :-* :-* :-* :-*  You are a lucky woman Scarlett!!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 03:46:02 pm »
Hello Rich and once again, I offer you my appreciation for your informative and concise weekly update, extrapolated from the AN Treatment calendar and the forums. 

I was pleased to learn that the AN support group meeting arranged by Lisa saw a good turnout, was useful and, well, supportive.  I was equally pleased to learn about Phyl's good news on her MRI reports, where 'stability' is golden - and she positively glowed!  :)   

Marianna's husbands GK treatment was, apparently, as complication-free as one could ever hope for.  Bravo to both of them and I hope his experience can be an encouragement to others contemplating radiation treatment.

Warm wishes for complete surgical success go out to Jacqui - and may the Scarf be with her!  I wish the same success for Sunfish and the CyberKnife treatment on Tuesday.  Do good - recover quickly.

A very Happy Birthday to our own JB and of course, happy 1-year anniversary to postie Debbi

Finally, sincere congratulations to your Scarlett on her 1-year 'anniversary'. 

As for who gives what to whom: whatever 'debt' you may assume you 'owe' here has been amply re-paid, Rich, so - Thank You!  Have a great week - see you next month in Worcester! 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 05:38:18 am »
Rawkin-Rich! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Jacqui, MAJOR wellness wishes your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Speedy recovery and looking forward to having you back here soon! Healing Hugglez!!!!!!!!!! :)

sunfish,  you KNOW I'm cheering you on, glad to hear you are ready to rawk....... you've done all of your homework, now just time to rawk! :) Don't forget to bring your favorite music with you so they can pipe it in for you.... and keep a peek for the "eye"... when you see it, you will know it! Good luck this week.

JB, you young thang!!!!! MAJOR hippy burpday to YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!! :)

debbi, MAJOR congrats on your ANniversary!   Nothing like being an official resident of Postiehood! Well done!

To Scarlett and Rich.... ya know, it seems like yesterday that it was scarlett's surgery.. .and only yesterday, that I got to meet you all soooooo  soon after scarlett's surgery, looked at her and said "scarlett had surgery?" :)  Scarlett, you have done soooooo beautifully and send you continued wellness wishes! :)  Rich, you epitomize the definition of "caregiver" and I know it's been a bumpy road at times, but...... you have hung in there, we are SOOOOOO honored to know such a loving/devoted spouse who truly has "walked the walk" when it comes to caregivers in our AN world...... I commend you... I thank  you.... hugglez at next month's brunch.  Well done to you both!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 12:40:56 pm »
Congrats, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, and Good Luck to All.  And a big Thank You to Rich!
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 09:39:35 am »
Rich,

You are a sweetheart  :-* :-* :-* :-*  You are a lucky woman Scarlett!!

Anne Marie

You got that right! I don’t know how I would have managed this past year without my loving husband by my side.
I love you too dear! :-*

It’s hard to believe it’s been a year already. :o  I just booked my 1st yearly MRI for May 1st and a visit with Dr. Barker for the 13th. We will keep you posted.

Thank you all for being there for Rich and me. It has meant the world to us.

We can’t wait to deliver some “hugglez” of our own at the Worcester brunch!  :-*

Continued well wishes to all.

Scarlett
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 05:24:09 pm »
Good luck and best wishes to sunfish and kiwi on their treatments this week.  May the force of the forum be with you!!

To everyone who is celebrating anything this week - congratulations! 

Special thanks to Rich for letting us all know what is going on in the AN world every week.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Keri

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 06:58:08 am »
awww Rich and Scarlett, that's so nice! Happy Anniversary Scarlett! I remember when you were a postie sort of soon after me.

I'm so glad your AN group was a success and a help to those who attended! 12 seems to be a great number to me. Enough to share, not enough voices in the room to be so loud so that no one can understand what others are saying!

Kiwi - i hope your translab went well. I guess by now it's still pretty UGH and painful and all that, but I'm praying and hoping that passes soon and you're on your way to a great recovery.
Sunfish - i hope the GK goes well too.

Phyl - great news about your treatment too! YAY!

Debbi - happy anniversary!

JB - happy birthday!! I'm sure you'll think of some creative way to celebrate!

thanks, Rich, for keeping us informed.
Have a great week!

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!