Author Topic: Do You Have Vertigo and Head Pressure, Too?  (Read 34123 times)

Lizard

Re: Do You Have Vertigo and Head Pressure, Too?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 09:37:41 pm »
Mom of 3,
Welcome to the forum, I'm happy you found us...although I wish you did not have an AN.  I hope you weigh all your options, please ask anything we are all here at your disposal and are a wealth of info.

These symptoms can most certainly be related to your AN.  It seems you need to find a new neuro, and ENT, someone who is an expert in AN's.  Where are you located?  I'm sure there are great Dr's in your area, its also not a bad idea to consult with House Ear Institute, HEI as they are the best of the best and if nothing will be a great opinion for you to consider. 

Take care and please find Dr's who can help  :)
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Mom of 3

• AN diagnosed 5/12/10
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 09:19:17 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome Liz!
I am located in St. Louis, MO. If anyone has a good referral, I'd love to know. 

moe

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 09:44:03 pm »
Hello to Shaoi and Mom of 3 -welcome too :)
I never suffered from vertigo and that fullness you speak of but I wanted to welcome you two.

My tumor was med-large, and I had these vague balance/dizziness/tinnitus/fatigue symptoms for years and years.

Amazing the symptoms of  a small 4mm size AN for you Shaoi - weird~

Hopefully you can get a clearer view of what is going on in there, and get some sort of action plan started next week. It sucks to just have your life on hold.
I too am a home health nurse, and I know the dangers of driving with just my basic post op symptoms of deafness/tinnitus and mild dysequilibrium.
It's different if you just go to one place and do your work and go home. Still with your vertigo, I'm sure that would be impossible too.

The low salt diet is a good idea, if you arent' already.
Hang in there- You've been trying to get answers for almost a year- hopefully this will be the month for some action :)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 08:03:19 pm »
Sorry you are experiencing the pressure and vertigo.  I am in my fourth year of vertigo the first two were awful, the Dr's never did an MRI, I fell alot and felt like a Klutz, I wouldn't go out on our little fishing boat that I love, my life changed.  As my vestibular nerve died I compensated better and now I am very used to it and I am alot more careful, hold rails, don't venture into uneven terrain, wear creepers in snow and ice, so knowing what I have now makes it much easier.  As for the pressure it sucks, sometimes it is worse than others but it is always there.  You might want to read my posting on Is the cure worse than the condition, there is some really good stories there and great information.......good luck with finding a comfortable place, physically and emotionally, it is not easy knowing you have tumor causing the symptoms.  It is a lone journey alas I am so thankful for this forum.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!