Author Topic: HAPPY Big "Four Oh" Kaybo!  (Read 8376 times)

lori67

Re: HAPPY Big "Four Oh" Kaybo!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 08:23:48 am »
Hey!  I told you I'm only 29!  Again...and again...and again..... :-\

Kay - hope you took a little extra Geritol and had a great day!   ;)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 09:28:51 am »
Kay .....

Sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday on the big day yesterday. Hope you did something fun and exciting!

Oh, to be 40 again!   ???  Actually I have no desire to go backwards ..... each decade has brought new and wonderful things into my life that I would miss otherwise.

Clarice

Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 01:37:29 pm »
I remember being 40!  It was actuallly a very freeing thing to turn 40 because I felt like I had earned the right to speak my mind if I felt the need.  Congratulations on reaching this milestone!  Here's
 to the next forty and may they be filled with life, love and laughter!! :D

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Kaybo

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 02:24:51 pm »
Thanks everyone for the well wishes - I just finished cleaning off all of the van windows where my friend had shoe polished them - she also put signs all over where she thought that I might go yesterday...of course, one was at WALMART!!   ;D  When I took the little girlies to school yesterday morning - she was standing out front with a sign that said, "Kay is 40 today!" - for the whole morning drop-off line to see!  It was a great day!

Jan- it's OK you were late since you sent me those GREAT cookies!!  Did you find your phone?

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 03:29:02 pm »
I remember being 40!  It was actuallly a very freeing thing to turn 40 because I felt like I had earned the right to speak my mind if I felt the need. 

Wait!  I was supposed to wait until age 40 to speak my mind?  Oh well.  At least I was I was good at it by the time I turned 40 from many years of practice!

Kay, you got cookies???  I'm going to get a t-shirt that says "Kay got cookies from Jan for her birthday and all I got were these lousy straws!"   ;)  Just kidding, Jan, they were the best bendy straws ever.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 03:55:51 pm »
coming late to the party too ... hope you had a good day ...

I thought 40 was over the hill but it was just the start of an uphill climb ... I plan on hitting 50 and rolling though the rest of life ... I have heard it's  all down hill from there ... 
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 07:41:58 pm »
Dearest Kay -
(Ahem). Happy birthday to you!  (Sung in the key of ...FLAT!). Count your blessings that I spared you the birthday song on the phone.  Altho come to think os it, its not too late,,,  Hope you continue thr celebration all weekend. And just know that I'll always be (a lot) older than you!
Hugs,
Debbi (and Willie)
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 07:58:29 pm »
A day late, but I sending you heart felt best wished my friend.  Celebrate, eat cake, and enjoy!  :-*

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 11:56:35 am »
Kay, you got cookies???  I'm going to get a t-shirt that says "Kay got cookies from Jan for her birthday and all I got were these lousy straws!"   ;)  Just kidding, Jan, they were the best bendy straws ever.

You already forgot about the Range Rover I sent you??  GASP!  :o

I think Kay should get a t-shirt that says "Lori got a Range Rover from Jan for her birthday and all I got were these lousy cookies!"  LOL

Ahh, the sibling rivalry is rampant  :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cindyj

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 08:52:30 pm »
Ok, I'm really, really late, but sure do wish you a Happy 40th, Kay!  Enjoy the 40's - it was actually my favorite decade (so far)!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 03:02:45 pm »
Okay, I'm *REALLY* late for the party, but Happy Birthday Kay!  Hope the weekend was great for you!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

NL

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2010, 01:51:56 am »
Kay,

Well, I may have missed the day, so I'll wish you a Happy Birthday month! ;D Hope it's the start of a fabulous decade!

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 07:53:29 pm »
Oh Boy, take a week off the forum to have the flu and Kay goes and turns freakin' FORTY!! Jeesh!!!

Well, me dear, I hope yer fella treated you like the princess that you deserve to be.

Hugs and Kisses and enjoy the NEXT forty!!!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Adrienne

• I'm a postie now, and it feels so much better!
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 08:08:12 pm »
Happy Belated!  Hope it was great!  (and everyone needs a girlfriend like yours to make you laugh.  LOVE what she did! Hilarious!)

Adrienne
3.0 x 3.0 x 2.5 cm AN, left side.  Diagnosed Feb. 19th,2009
Retro Sig surgery with Dr. Akagami and Dr. Westerberg on May 26/09 at Vancouver General Hospital
SUCCESS! Completely removed tumor, preserved facial nerve, and retained a lot of hearing. Colour me HAPPY!

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 02:45:10 am »
A belated happy b-day to you Kaybo!!!  Now you have crossed over to the other side with us, we can all get older...together! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston