Author Topic: Mid Fossa Scheduled 3/3 with Dr Friedman  (Read 23409 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Mid Fossa Scheduled 3/3 with Dr Friedman
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2010, 08:30:25 pm »
There's no place like home  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Amplified2000

• Loose nut behind the wheel
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2010, 03:54:06 pm »
Got home late last night after a very uneventful and overall comfortable flight... got to sleep in my own bed with my wonderful wife and my ridiculous Beagle whom we had to leave behind... man did I miss my bed and my dog :)

It's good to be home.. if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't change a single thing. HEI was absolutely fantastic and Dr. Friedman has to be one of the nicest people I have ever met.. not to mention they were able to save my hearing with the only side effect being a small CSF leak (they suspected I would have one even before going in to surgery, something about my bone being more porous than most??).. no facial weakness, no other nerve damage of any kind.

I guess the moral of my story is ALWAYS explore all your options with an open mind.. I was 2 days away from Translab that would have left me SSD for sure.. second and third opinions are a must as far as I am concerned.

Thank you all for your support during this whole thing, I hope to start contributing more to the community as a Postie helping support others now that I am essentially thru my ordeal :)

I learned so much from you all.. again, Thank you!

Kevin
10th Cranial Nerve Neuroma - 4.6cm x 4.2cm x 6.8cm - Removed 5/08 by Dr. John Leonnetti @ Loyola University
AN - Left IAC - 20mm x 9mm x 11mm - 2/10
Mid-Fossa - Dr. Friedman @ HEI on 3/3/10
Total removal, only mild hearing loss.. did have a CSF leak but they fixed it :)
Home recovering :)

cindyj

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2010, 06:35:25 pm »
Know it is so great for you to be back home, Kevin!  Despite your special complications, you have done so well.  Try to continue to take it easy...nap and walk, nap and walk.  You'll see improvements each day (for the most part ;) ). 

I was so glad to learn that you were able to meet Nancy and David while you were out there.  Made the trip that much better, didn't it!  And I do happen to agree with you about Dr. Friedman and company :)

Keep us posted as you go along in your recovery,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

moe

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2010, 11:07:18 pm »
Kevin
Wow, you are home and in your own bed with your own hearing. What else could you ask for? :)
So glad the CSF leak a thing of the past.
Please let us know how you continue to heal.
Happy day to you!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Jeff

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2010, 11:28:55 am »
Kevin,
Glad to read that you're home and well. And Dr. F has seen me through 3 surgeries and some difficult complications. He is a Dr. and man for whom I have great admiration. I am pleased that your hearing was preserved and that you suffered no other complications.
Please take care,
Jeff
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08