Author Topic: This Week 3/07 “2010” in the AN World  (Read 3321 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 3/07 “2010” in the AN World
« on: March 07, 2010, 11:23:12 am »
Hi Jim, in reply to your post in last week’s weekly, Scarlett and I are looking forward to seeing you and Tina at the ANA N.E. Brunch at Maxwell’s in Worcester, MA on April 18, 2010 also.

It will be great to see everyone again, and meet some new folks.  We are hopeful that Ernie (EJTampa) will be able to make it too.

For those of you that weren’t around last March/April, Ernie (EJTampa) had the Magic Scarf, for his 3/05/09 surgery.  His superman feet, in for surgery one day and home the next, was a great success story.  It was exciting, and encouraging to us all, and really had the forum buzzing.  Ernie passed the Magic Scarf on to Scarlett (SML) for her 3/18/09 surgery, another success, and she passed it on to Nancy (NancyMc) who had her surgery on 4/08/09, and joined us at the ANA N.E. Brunch at Maxwell’s in Worcester, MA. 10 days later.  Magic was in the air, GOOD TIMES!

There will be other family here that will be attending the ANA N.E. Brunch at Maxwell’s in Worcester, MA on April 18, 2010 who have been recipients of the Magic Scarf (that I know of), Marie (gingerbread6), and Lynn (Lynn Mc), both of which had good surgical outcomes.
To have 5 Magic Scarf holders together in one place might just be a record.

Erin (epc1970) had good news to share with us last Tuesday, NO GROWTH!  Congratulations Erin that is fantastic news.  Looking forward to seeing you at the brunch.

Congratulations to our newest Postie.  Kevin’s (Amplified2000) wife Stephanie (stephanie_megan) posted that Kevin’s surgery was a success.  They retained his hearing and he has no facial paralysis.  Great news, thanks for the update Stephanie.  Please make sure to take care of yourself also.

Kathy (Kathy M) we were glad to read that your cancer treatments will NOT be delayed, and are keeping you close in our thoughts as you continue the fight.

This Week:

Thursday is a busy day,

Blandie (blanc) will be having surgery at Boston Medical Center.  You will all be in our thoughts and prayers Blandie for a successful and uncomplicated surgery.

Marianna’s (Shunter59) husband will be having Gamma Knife treatment at the Providence Medical Center in Portland, OR.  We will keep you and your husband close in our thoughts also.

And JB (joebloggs), a treasured family Sr. Member from the UK, will be celebrating one year since her surgery.  Happy Anniversary JB, the pink hair ROCKS 8)  Hey remember Ernie’s pink laptop ;D ;D

Friday Phyl (ppearl214) our cherished Global Moderator will be having a hearing test, and AN/Chiari follow up at Brigham and Women’s in Boston, MA.  Phyl we’ll keep our fingers crossed for good news at your follow up.  See you again on April 18.

We wish everyone on this AN journey brighter days ahead.

Have a wonderful week,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: This Week 3/07 “2010” in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 11:28:45 am »
Rich -

I totally forgot about Ernie's pink laptop.  LOL   :D  Nothing like a little humor to start off the week.

Best wishes to those having treatment this week - and a big congrats to JB on her first ANniversary.   ;D

For those in the states, don't forget to watch Mystery Diagnosis for the story of the AN patient.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 01:50:52 pm »
Good Luck to everyone and Happy Anniversary to all, esp. JB who is just a ray of sunshine around here!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes last week - still celebrating!   ::)

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 02:26:13 pm »
Thanks for all the birthday wishes last week - still celebrating!   ::)

Way to go, Kaybo  ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 03:06:15 pm »
Thanks, Rich ~

I think many of us the N.E. area are looking forward to the next brunch in Worcester.  The time always flies and I usually never manage to see everyone I wanted to - but I won't miss you and Scarlett!  

Erin's no-growth MRI results were certainly a welcome relief for her, I know.  Kevin's surgery results were superb and I was pleased to learn that Kathy's cancer treatments were kept on schedule.

My very best wishes for a fabulously successful surgery to Blandie and a complication-free procedure for Marianna's husband, undergoing the GammaKnife in Portland (Oregon).

It's hard to believe that JB is celebrating her one-year surgery anniversary.  Her excellent outcome and fairly rapid resumption of her peripatetic lifestyle are inspiring.

Finally, for Phyl, our intrepid leading moderator, may her auditory test show that her hearing has remained both stable and acute.  :)

Jim
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 01:49:10 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

kiwi

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 06:59:07 pm »
Here's hoping the magic scarf works for me next week, I have a good feeling about it....scarf has  now gone international all the way to Auckland NZ!

Jacqui (Kiwi)
3.6cm AN Left side diagnosed Dec 09.
Translab surgery 16th March 2010
Left SSD, Facial Paralysis
CSF Leak surgery 11th May 2010

joebloggs

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 01:12:51 am »
Thanks everyone - I can't believe I'm about to celebrate my 1 year anniversary either!!!  I'm out that night for a friend's birthday dinner so it will be a double celebration!  Thanks to everyone at the forum for their support since I was diagnosed back in 2008, it's really meant a lot and helped so much.  Good luck to Marianna's husband and Blanc - you'll rock it!!!  And lovely Phyl, good luck with your hearing test and follow up - I'm sure you'll rock it too!!! 

Right better jet, I'm sitting here in my dressing gown (bright pink of course!!), it's 7.11am and I'm supposed to be at the hospital at 7.55am to look after my friend who's having a knee operation today.  It will be good to play nursemaid and repay a little of what friends did for me a year ago!  On that note - best get my skates on or I'm going to be late!

xx
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 06:52:28 am »
Sorry I'm late to this one but, as it seems today is a busy one on our calendar, I want to send my wellness wishes for those having treatment..... and JB, well done! MAJOR congrats on your ANniversary!  Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Will see what the B/W says tomorrow. This appt has been rescheduled 4 times (mostly by me, 1 by them)  so, will get the hearing test done, have Dr. Claus smile after seeing my MRI films (I've already peeked at them.... my bets... broad smile from her) and getting ready to celebrate 4 yrs since my CK... can't believe how time flies!

Good luck all... MAJOR congrats.. and will let you know what B/W says.

Thanks again,
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 08:36:29 am »
Congrats and best of luck to All!
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness