Author Topic: My MRI scan for you all to see  (Read 8677 times)

Tumbleweed

Re: My MRI scan for you all to see
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 02:14:17 am »
I feel so selfish, there's me moaning and not even considering that anyone else has the same thing.

You're in the very beginning shock-and-awe phase, so it's perfectly normal and understandable to be centered on your own needs right now. We've all been there before. The reason we can give to others now is that this journey has become a lot less of a burden for us as time has passed. You will get there yourself, and soon. Believe me, we're not any more courageous than you; you'll get there, too. You can let yourself feel scared and "self-centered" all you want now -- that's what you need to do to process this turn in your life -- but, trust me, you'll get past this phase and will feel at peace. In the meantime, you can lean on us. And please don't ever feel guilty about that.

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 02:16:44 am »
So SS, I doubt you ever wanted to visit MY Vancouver.  This is the one in Washington state, not British Columbia.  And sure, let's all go to Vegas!

Sounds like you are from the land of Oz.  Always wanted to visit there.  

Appreciate the huggles from anybody!!

Sue in Vancouver, USA  
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

sgerrard

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 10:00:50 am »
I feel so selfish, there's me moaning and not even considering that anyone else has the same thing.

Just stick around after treatment and pay it forward to the next batch of newbies. For now, the spotlight is on you.  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 12:59:41 pm »
Just stick around after treatment and pay it forward to the next batch of newbies. For now, the spotlight is on you.  ;)
Us, Posties, should use this as our sig line around here! :)  Me likes that one!

SS... just keep us posted on how you are doing..... you KNOW we're cheering you on!  :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

davjack

• Spinning out of control
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 12:09:48 pm »
One more thing...(I have a daughter your age, so I have to do the mom "advice" thing now) there's a couple of things you can do to make yourself feel better. Eat healthy and stay away from caffeine. The former is just good for you; helps your mental state too, and the later can make you wonky headed. Also exercise. Do stuff that will challenge your balance nerve. Walking is excellent. And here's a little slogan I borrowed from my husband (member of AA, 28 years sober) "One day at a time". Whenever you feel scared, just say to yourself, one day at a time. Nothing bad is happening to me today.

And really, today is all we have.

See, now if you were here, I'd give you a cup of tea and you'd feel better. So go have a cup of tea and throw a cookie in for good measure  :)
DJ
Lumpy is 1.3cm...am now in W&W mode since Dec. 2009