Author Topic: asking help for new AN diagnosis  (Read 7575 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: asking help for new AN diagnosis
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 05:17:52 pm »
Mi ~

Please check your 'in-box'.  I sent you a PM in response to your PMed questions to me.  I trust the information will be of some help to you. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Hzo

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 07:02:30 pm »
Hello Jim,

Ok, I will check it now. Thank you so much for your responses.

Mi

Hzo

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 02:39:52 pm »
Hello all,

I just received a call from my ENT, here in PR, and the HEI received the package today. They scheduled my surgery this coming Wednesday, MArch 17 at 2:45pm, and Dr. Jose N. Fayad, M.D. will do the surgery.  Do you know him? Neither my ENT nor me know him, but he has called me many times to send my MRI CD and everything before we sent the package last week. I think he knows my case when my husband called the HEI asking info on the surgery in that Intitute two weeks ago, when I was newly diagnosed with the AN.

On the the other side, I have contacted the Neuroscience Institute in NC, and it seems that I do not have any problem with the Health Insurance. They need me to send my CDs for their study, which I will do today.

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 02:58:56 pm »
Hi, Hzo,

Other than recognizing Dr. Fayad's name as a staff member at House, I don't know anything about him specifically. If you do decide to have your surgery at House, you'll certainly be in good hands there. I had my AN surgery there in January 2008 and have only good things to say about the entire experience. Sounds as though you have another good option in North Carolina as well.

Best wishes as you reach your decision.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

goldlady

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 07:59:14 pm »
Hi Mi,
i do not know if you had your surgery at HEI yet or are looking into the NC hospital. I hope everything goes well with surgery.  You need to be comfortable with your doctors. They should take the time for you and let you ask any and all questions you have. It is a personal life decision. It is really nice to have family and friends around to help with recovery so please keep that in mind. 

Good luck
Cathy :)
Live each day to its fullest!
Translabyrinthine Craniotomy June 2000
5cm  Right AN
Jackson Memorial Hospital-Miami, Florida
Dr.Hero's/Dr.Blakeney
Hearing Loss/Facial paralysis/Balance lost